Chapter 7 | In the Name of Honor (Part 2)

Skad leads the Mods towards the group in front of the Sanctuary. The front of his speeder is shot, sending him flying to the ground. Drash stops her speeder in front of him and Cordelia jumps off the back to help him behind cover with the others.

"You all right?" Boba asks them.

"Got pretty hairy back there." Drash replies.

"Where'd all these sand scurriers come from?" Skad asks. Cordelia rolls her eyes and moves to stand with Din.

"Save it for the Pykes." Boba tells the two as tension builds at the insults.

A scream sounds before someone is thrown around the corner, another soon following. Krrsantan roars as he rounds the corner, more Pykes hanging off him. He throws one to the ground then flings the other, shooting him into a nearby building. He roars again as the other Pykes start shooting him. He limps towards the group, taking out Pykes when he can as he continues to get hit.

"Cover me!" Boba calls when Krrsantan's knee is shot, knocking him to the ground. Cordelia follows soon after, causing Din to run out after them. Boba and Cordelia help Krrsantan as Din stands in front of them, shielding them and taking out the Pykes. "Welcome back, Santo. I have to confess I thought you were gone. I owe you a nice long soak in the bacta tank when this is done." 

"Let me look. I've tended to a Wookiee many times, picked up some tricks." Cordelia says, kneeling in front of Krrsantan. She inspects his wounds, not finding any that are life-threatening. "None are bad enough to need tending to now, but when this is over, I'll help bandage you up." She tells Krrsantan, gently patting his arm. He growls softly, agreeing.

"They're falling back!" Taanti calls. The fighters cheer as the Pykes run away, but Cordelia frowns, knowing that they must be running for a reason. Din pushes her behind him and touches the side of his helmet, scanning the area.

"I wouldn't celebrate yet. We got problems." He says. The group watches as two scorpenek droids approach them. "We got real problems." 

The group readies their blasters, and the droids activate their shields. They begin firing, but the shields stop the bolts before they can hit the target. Boba fires his rocket as the droids get even closer, but it does absolutely nothing to the pair. Once the smoke clears, they begin firing at the group.

"Run! We'll distract them." Boba orders. The people of Freetown scream as they run from the droids, the Mods following once they've all gone past.

"Go! We've got this!" Din tells Cordelia. She looks between them and the droids before nodding and running after them. The speeder explodes behind them, and Din and Boba fly into the air. They distract the droids to allow the group to run, but one of them follows them around the corner.

Cordelia ducks behind a pillar with Krrsantan as the droid continues forward. He growls and fires at the shield in the same place. Cordelia joins him as it begins to weaken. He lowers his blaster and presses his hand against it, his fingers starting to break through.

"Look out!" She calls as the droid turns. Krrsantan growls at the droid as it rears its leg back and knocks him into the wall. Cordelia, Drash, and Skad rush to help him up.

"Sleemo!" A Pyke member yells as a trio emerge from behind them. Skad moves in front of them and the three humans fire, taking out the trio. Krrsantan leans against Cordelia and Drash as they help him follow the group.

They continue on, the droid firing at them as they move through the streets. Taanti and Krrsantan cover the group as they duck into a nearby building.

"We have to stop retreating! We need to dig in here!" Drash says. Cordelia looks over the group, checking for injuries, and what weapons they've got.

"Fall back!" Taanti tells Krrsantan as he runs to cover with the others. "We're getting swamped."

"She says we should stay." Jo tells him, gesturing to Drash.

"Nonsense! We'll get vaporized." He replies.

"I grew up a womp hop from here, and if we fall back any further, we'll be cornered with no cover." Drash tells him.

"So, we're gonna die here?" He asks.

"No. We fight." She replies. The group ducks as the droid turns and fires on their cover.

"Cordelia? What do you think?" Taanti asks. She looks between the group and nods.

"We should trust Drash. She knows this place better than any of us, she's a total badass and knows what she's doing." She answers. Drash nods and looks around, spotting an area clear for a sniper.

"Skad, hold the line with Cordelia and the Weequay. I'll head up there and snipe down." She says.

"Let me see that thing." Jo says, looking at Drash's blaster pistol. "With that?" She shakes her head. "Taanti, we need a cycler." He passes her his own and Jo swaps it with Drash's pistol.

"Good luck." He tells her. Cordelia stops Jo and Drash before they can head out.

"Both of you be careful. Look out for each other." She tells them. The two nod at her, then at each other before moving away.

As the droid continues firing at them, some of the group focuses on taking out the Pyke members surrounding it as the others continue shooting at the droid. 

"All right, they've made it to the roof." Skad tells them.

"We make our stand." Taanti says. They nod at each other. "Take it to 'em!" 

This chapter's a little short, but surprise, I'm updating twice today so this episode will be done today :)