Chapter 24 | The Return (Part 3)

"Mandalorians are weak once they lose their trinkets." Gideon taunts Bo-Katan as he walks towards her. She spots Cordelia, Din, and Grogu

"Mandalorians are stronger together." She tells him. Din and Cordelia fire their blasters, hitting him in the back of the head. He stumbles and they continue shooting at him. He fires back and they split so Gideon is forced to fire at three different targets.

Grogu stays close to Cordelia, knowing that she's injured and wanting to protect her. The group continues firing at each other until they all stumble, Woves having steered the ship towards the base. 

Din rushes towards his wife as he spots Gideon turning to her as she struggles to get up with her injured shoulder. He dives in front of her, his armor taking the shots meant for her. Bo moves in front of him, blocking the shots with her shield.

They stumble again as the base shakes, and Bo rushes at Gideon. Grogu waves his hand and knocks him onto his back, knocking his staff off the side of the ledge as well. He tries firing at Grogu, but Din slides in front of him. Cordelia joins him and they shoot at him, making him stumble backwards towards the edge.

Bo joins them as the base explodes, doing her best to shield all of them with her shield. Grogu raises his hands, using the Force to push the fire around them. Din pulls Cordelia into his side and holds her tight, grateful their son was there to save them.

When the flames are gone, Grogu lowers his hands. Cordelia catches him as he sways, lifting him into her uninjured arm. She kisses his forehead and Din wraps his arms around them, resting his helmet to her forehead.

***

"I swear on my name and the names of the ancestors..." The Armorer says. Din and Cordelia enter, Din carrying Grogu and Cordelia holding Pandora.

"'I swear on my name and the names of the ancestors...'" Ragnar repeats.

"That I shall walk the Way of the Mand'alor..." She continues.

"'That I shall walk the Way of the Mand'alor...'" He repeats.

"And the words of the Creed shall be forever forged in my heart." She says.

"'And the words of the Creed shall be forever forged in my heart.'" He finishes. The Armorer steps forward and pours the water over his helmet.

"This is the Way." She announces.

"This is the Way." Ragnar repeats.

"This is the Way." The other Mandalorians repeat. He stands and climbs the steps as Din rests his hand on the small of Cordelia's back as they walk to stand at the top of them. Pandora stays at the top of the stairs as Din moves forward to set Grogu down on them.

"Grogu is my apprentice. He is no longer a foundling. Add him to the Song." Din says. The Armorer turns to him.

"He is too young to speak so he is too young to take the Creed." She tells him. Grogu babbles sadly, his ears drooping as he lowers his head. "He must remain a foundling."

"If his parents gave permission, couldn't he then become a Mandalorian apprentice?" He asks.

"Yes, but his parents are far from here, if they are even alive." The Armorer replies. Cordelia glares at her, using all her self-control to stay silent and let Din handle it.

"Cordelia and I are his parents. He is our son." He tells her firmly. Grogu babbles happily as he looks between them.

"This the Way." She says.

"This is the Way." Din repeats.

"Let it be written in Song that Din Djarin and his wife are accepting this foundling as their son." She announces. She looks at Grogu. "You are now Grogu Djarin, Mandalorian apprentice."