Chapter 23 | The Spies (Part 2)

"Mandalorians. it is time to retake our homeworld." Bo announces, stepping out into the middle of the two groups. "Even though the planet is not cursed, there are still dangers. Dormant species have been awakened from the bombings. The remaining magnetic interference has made it impossible to scan the surface from above atmosphere. Which is why I'm proposing that we leave Nevarro and move the fleet into orbit above Mandalore. We send down a small recon party. We'll scout the surface, find out what remains of the Great Forge, and establish a safe perimeter. Only then, will we bring down the others." She looks between the two groups. "I need volunteers from both tribes.

"We will go." Din says as he and Cordelia stand. "Grogu as well." Their son stands, joining them in their support for Bo.

"I will go." Koska Reeves tells Bo. She looks to her and she nods, Bo nodding back. Woves stands as well.

"I will go." He announces.

"I will go." Paz adds, standing from his seat next to Din. More Mandalorians from both sides begin volunteering.

"I will go as well." The Armorer says, approaching Bo. She nods and the volunteers move forward to surround her.

***

"We'll be back as soon as we can." Cordelia tells Greef. 

"I'll take good care of her until you return." He assures. She smiles and nods, pulling him into a hug.

"We know you will. Thank you." She replies. She turns to Din, who holds Pandora close to his chest, not wanting to leave her. "She'll be safer here."

"I know." He tells her.

"Greef will take care of her." She says.

"I know." He repeats.

"You have to let her go." She tells him, rubbing his back.

"I don't want to." Din says, shaking his head.

"I don't want to either, but we don't know what dangers we'll face on Mandalore. She's safer here with Greef." She replies.

"I'll give you guys some privacy. Knock on the door when you're ready." Greef tells them, leaving them alone in his office. 

As soon as the door closes, Din removes his helmet, setting it on the desk. He sighs and kisses the top of Pandora's head. She squeals and looks up at him, reaching for his face. He chuckles as she rests her hands on his face, giggling at him. 

"Daddy loves you. I'll be back as soon as I can." He tells her, stroking her back. 

"Dada." She coos. He groans and closes his eyes, resting his head on hers. 

"You're making this harder for me, Ad'ika." He says, kissing the top of her head. He hears a sniffle and turns to see Cordelia crying softly. He holds his arm out and she moves to his side, wrapping one arm around him, the other resting on her daughter's back. "What's wrong, Riduur?"

"You. You're so sweet and such a good dad." She cries, wiping her tears on his undershirt. He chuckles and pulls her closer, kissing the top of her head.

"So are you." He tells her, passing Pandora over to her. She smiles and kisses him, before backing away towards the pram. He gasps when she realizes her plan was to get Pandora from him. 

"Sorry, Din. The sentiment was real, but the tears were not." She tells him as he glares at her. He shakes his head as she turns her attention to their daughter. "Mommy will see you soon. I love you." 

"Mama." Pandora coos. Cordelia gasps, real tears in her eyes as she looks at Din.

"Finally!" She exclaims, covering her daughter's face in kisses. Din laughs as he joins them, scooping Grogu up and pulling them into a family hug. They pull away and set their kids on the desk. Pandora crawls towards her brother, who starts to babble.

Grogu hugs Pandora as he continues babbling. She babbles along with him until they eventually quiet and hold each other. Cordelia gently separates the siblings and sets Pandora in the pram. She yawns sleepily, clutching her Wookie doll to her chest.

Din leans over and presses one last kiss to her head before stepping back. He kisses the top of Grogu's head and grabs his helmet. He kisses his wife before putting his helmet back on, moving to knock on the door. 

"Everyone okay?" Greef asks as he enters the room.

"We're good." Cordelia replies as Din wraps his arm around her. Grogu climbs into his seat in IG-12.

"Yes." He announces, standing next to his parents. Greef chuckles and approaches the pram, the bag of Pandora's belongings resting on the floor near it.

"Protect her with your life." Din tells his friend.

"Of course." He assures, patting their shoulders.

***

"Scouting party descending to surface." Bo says. She flies towards the surface, glancing back at the Armorer. "We'll lose comms shortly."

The ship shakes as they fly through the atmosphere. It settles as they emerge, and the hatch below the Mandalorians opens. Din keeps his arm tightly around Cordelia as they stand near the door, making sure they're fine.

They enter the cockpit and Din announces that the Mandalorians are ready.

"Secure infil zone." Bo says as the couple take their seats. 

They wait for Woves to give them the all-clear before landing. They exit the ship and look around as Bo steps onto the ramp. 

"Somewhere below is where our ancient capital once stood. We'll survey the surface until we find the Forge and create a safety zone. Only then will we begin to bring down the settlers." She reaches the bottom and Din nods at her, Cordelia giving her a thumbs up. "We start scouting in that direction. Form up." She starts walking, putting her helmet on.

***

"There, on the horizon." Din announces as the group stops. They spot a skiff approaching them.

"Nite Owls." Bo says.

"Flanking left." Woves tells her. 

Din and Cordelia gesture for Grogu to stay back as the skiff approaches. It comes to a stop in front of them and a man calls out.

"Do you have food?" He asks.

"We do." Bo answers.

"You wear the crest of the Nite Owls?" He asks.

"I should hope so." She replies.

"They're Mandalorians." The Armorer says.

"Is that the voice of Lady Bo-Katan Kryze?" The man asks.

"It is." Bo answers. A moment later, three Mandalorians fly off the skiff and land in front of them. They remove their helmets and tap their fists to their chests.

"We knew you would not forsake us, Lady Bo-Katan. We have failed you, but our blasters remain in your service." The Mandalorian on the right tells her.

Sorry this is late but I was exhausted yesterday lol