Chapter 5 | Return of the Mandalorian (Part 5)

Din and Cordelia retrieve their weapons before heading towards Peli's hangar. Cordelia frowns as they near, knowing how happy Peli always is to see Grogu. She doesn't even notice the struggle from the hangar until Din shoots the creature.

"What an entrance. BD? You good?" Peli calls. The droid emerges from behind a stack of crates. "Oh, good. Oh, boy! Hey, look everyone. It's Mando and Cordelia." Din holsters his blaster and grabs Cordelia's hand, pulling her with him as he approaches Peli. "What do we owe the pleasure? You here to slay another dragon? Chasing down some elusive bounty?"

"I got your message." Din says.

"Message? What message?" She asks.

"You said you found us a replacement for the Razor Crest." He answers. Cordelia squeezes his hand, missing the Crest and all the memories it contained.

"Yeah, that's right. That's what I said. That's what I do. I've been working my butt off, yeah. Did you bring the cash?" Peli asks. Din pulls a bag of credits off his belt.

"It's right here." He tells her, handing it over.

"Mind if I count it? Not that I don't trust you. I just wanna make sure you don't give me too much." She says. She turns. "Hey, droids, make yourself useful. Count this up, and then fire up the grill before that thing gets gamey." She tells them, tossing the bag onto a nearby table. "Right this way. Wait till you get your eyes on this baby. So, where is your unlikely companion?"

"We returned him to his own kind." Cordelia tells her, as Din shifts to wrap his arm around her.

"Why the hell would you do that? I could've made good money off that thing. Open a petting zoo." She says, chuckling. 

"Where's the ship?" She asks, changing the subject. 

"Right this way. Ready to have your mind blown?" She asks, leading them towards something covered with a tarp. She pulls it off, revealing an extremely run-down ship.

"Where's the Razor Crest?" Din asks.

"I never said I had a Razor Crest. I said I had a replacement for a Razor Crest." She replies.

"We don't have time for this." He says, starting to turn away.

"Hang on a second. Do you have any idea what this is? This is an N-1 starfighter, handmade for the royal guard and commissioned personally by the Queen of Naboo." She explains.

"This is a pile of junk." He tells her.

"Do you want your credits back?" Peli asks.

"Yes." He says.

"No skin off my dip-swap. Droids, bring this lovely couple their money. Here you go. It's that easy. Sorry to waste your time. Okay?" She says. She crosses her arms and sighs. "While we're waiting, can I tell you two a little something about this honey?" 

"Of course, Peli." Cordelia tells her. Peli nods.

 "I know she doesn't look like much, but you got here a lot earlier than I expected, and I didn't get a chance to finish. I mean, clearly, you can see I've got all the parts right here. Hmm? It all has a home." She says, knocking parts off the ship. "Oh, look, a family of scurriers. Let's not disrupt the nest." She continues moving around the ship. "You know how hard it is to find all original parts from way back in the Galactic Republic? I mean, these are all handmade. No droids. And not only that, what I'm gonna do, just because I like you two, is I'm gonna add on some custom modifications that'll make her faster than a fathier, and because this baby's pre-Empire, she's off the grid. And did I mention, she can jump into hyperspace with no docking ring? I mean, come on! You gotta see the potential."