Chapter 24 | The Return (Part 2)

Din and Cordelia lead the way through the door, their blasters raised. Tanks line the walls, filled with clones of Moff Gideon.

"Wait here." He tells Grogu, walking to the other side of the room. He moves to the monitor as Grogu approaches one of the tanks. "That's not Gideon. Those are his clones."

Grogu shrieks as the clone's eyes open. He rushes towards Cordelia, and she grabs IG-12's hand, pulling Grogu with her.

"Let's go." Din says, pressing a button on the panel to destroy the clones. They rush through the other door, continuing towards the command center.

Din leads the way, keeping his blasters raised and ready. Grogu follows him and Cordelia brings up the rear, her blaster ready too.

They enter a room, and the door shuts behind them. Cordelia tries the buttons, but nothing works. The door on the other side opens and Din pushes Grogu and Cordelia behind cover.

"My clones were finally going to be perfect. The best parts of me but improved by adding the one thing I never had. The Force. I was isolating the potential to wield the Force and incorporating it into an unstoppable army. And you smothered them before they could draw their first breath." Gideon says.

Din rounds the corner, firing at him. Gideon fires a missile through the doorway and Din dives behind the doorway. He rushes out again and Cordelia follows, both of them shooting at Gideon. Din uses his jetpack to dive at him, but he only slides, using Din's momentum to throw him to the ground. 

Cordelia fires at him and he turns and fires back. She dives behind cover, and he turns back to Din, kicking his blaster away. Din gets up and Gideon punches him before pinning him to the crates behind him. Cordelia jumps onto his back after he throws Din to the ground again.

She grabs her knife and tries stab him in the gap between his armor. He catches her wrists and twists until she's forced to drop the weapon. He tosses her over his shoulder, knocking the wind out of her. He grabs her knife and stabs her in the shoulder. 

Cordelia cries out in pain and Din rushes at Gideon. He knocks him aside and signals for his guards to deal with Din as he turns back to Cordelia.

"I wanted you to get to your family, but I've got more important projects to work on." He tells her as he stands over her. She pulls the blade from her shoulder and throws it at him, but he blocks it with his staff. She lunges for it, but he steps on her wrist as she reaches it. "Perhaps I'll just kill your new family." He adds as Grogu walks through the door.

"No, no, no." He says as he sees Din and Cordelia pinned on the ground. The guards leave Din and go after Grogu, backing him into the other room.

"No!" Din and Cordelia yell. Din chases after him, but Gideon shoots him with a missile, knocking him to the ground. With him distracted, Cordelia manages to slip free and join her husband in trying to get to their son.

Gideon ropes the both of them and yanks them back towards him as the door closes behind the guards. Din cuts them free as Gideon reaches them, kicking both of them. He fires his flamethrower at Din as Cordelia gets to her feet.

Din and Cordelia fight him together, but he manages to overpower them. They scramble backwards as he approaches, but Bo-Katan flies into him, knocking him away.

"I've got this. Go save your kid." She tells them.

Din helps Cordelia to her feet, careful of her injured shoulder. He grabs their weapons, and they rush towards the other room, arriving as Grogu is pinned down and surrounded.

They fire on two of the guards, knocking them down. Din starts fighting as Cordelia rushes towards Grogu. She lifts the metal off of him in time for him to launch a guard away from Din. Cordelia shoots the guards as he continues fighting them. Grogu helps, using the Force to knock the guards away.

A guard knocks Din onto the ground next to them and swings his weapon at them. Grogu raises his hand and stops him. Din kicks his leg out from under him and Cordelia shoots him under his helmet. Din shoots another and Grogu knocks his weapon away, giving Din the opportunity to stab him. Once the last guard is killed, Din and Cordelia turn to Grogu.

"You did good, kid." Din tells him. Cordelia kneels in front of him and holds her good arm out. He coos and jumps into her hug. He reaches for her wounded shoulder, and she shakes her head.

"I'm fine. Come on, your Aunt Bo needs our help." She says.

This chapter is a short, so I apologize but I've got like three exams to study for but wanted to update lol