Chapter 14 | The Tragedy (Part 2)

Cordelia sighs in relief when Din finally starts to stir. She helps him sit up and cups his helmet in her hands.

"Are you okay?" She asks. He nods and stands, glancing at Grogu. 

"Okay, I'm gonna protect you. Just stay there. I'll be back soon." He tells him.

"Let's go." She says, starting towards the edge of the hill. Din grabs her arm, stopping her.

"No. Stay here. If any of them manage to slip past us, he needs someone to protect him." He says. She sighs, but nods.

"Okay. Be careful. I love you." Cordelia says. Din leans in for a Keldabe Kiss as another ship flies overhead. 

"I love you too." He tells her before heading down the hill to help the others. Cordelia moves to the edge with him, watching him make his way down. She hears the humming coming from the stone stop and turns in time to see the forcefield vanish and Grogu slump onto his side, asleep.

Cordelia kneels in front of him and gently rubs his ear before adjusting him so he's more comfortable. She kisses his head before moving back to her spot at the edge, readjusting her grip on her blaster.

She watches with a smile as the stormtroopers eventually retreat, and the man with Din shoots them down with the rocket attached to the armor. She laughs, holstering her blaster. She frowns when a bolt flies down from above and nears the ground. She gasps, horrified when it explodes the Crest.

Cordelia's vision blurs from her tears as she watches her home go up in flames. She watches the smoke rise into the air until she hears a sound from above. She moves to stand next to Grogu and looks up, spotting four troopers flying towards them.

She scoops Grogu into her arm and fires at the troopers as they near. Soon they land and start closing in on her. She fires at them, but the one closest to her knocks it from her hand. The four back her up against one of the stone pillars.

"No!" She screams as one of them yanks Grogu from her. She tries to grab him back as he starts to wake, but another trooper grabs her before she can reach him. "No! Grogu!" She screams as the troopers take off into the sky. 

Cordelia struggles against the trooper as she spots Din reaching the top of the hill. She kicks, punches, and scratches, trying anything to get back to him. As she fights, she feels something prick her neck and her limbs start to numb as her vision starts to go black.

***

Cordelia wakes to unfamiliar surroundings. She tries to sit up but finds that her wrists, chest, and ankles are strapped to the metal table she lays on. She pulls against the bindings, testing their strength, when the door opens.

"Hello, Cordelia." Moff Gideon says as he enters, two stormtroopers behind him. She glares at him as he moves to stand next to the table. He inspects her, spotting the beskar ring on her finger. "That's a new development." He smirks. He leans closer until they're almost nose to nose. "Din Djarin will die before he gets to you." 

Cordelia tries to headbutt him, but he pulls back too quickly. He nods to one of the stormtroopers and he steps forward, grabbing her hair and slamming her head back onto the table. She groans and Gideon smiles.

"What the hell do you want from me?" She asks, glaring at him.

"You know what I want. Your brother and his wife are enemies of the Empire. You were simply an accomplice to their crimes, making your only use is the information you have." Gideon says. He nods to the stormtrooper again and he leaves the room.

A few moments later the stormtrooper re-enters with a cart filled with torture equipment. Cordelia sighs, preparing herself for the torture to come. 

"Get me the information I want." Gideon says before leaving the room.

The two stormtroopers grab what they want from the cart before advancing on her.

***

When Cordelia wakes, she has no idea how long she's been unconscious, having passed out from the pain. She looks down to take stock of her injuries. She spots multiple burns, cuts, and bruises. They all vary in size and severity.

Cordelia takes a deep breath, immediately regretting it when there's a sharp pain in her side. She winces, remembering one of the stormtroopers slamming their gun into her ribs.  She looks around the room, finding it empty of everything but the table in the center. 

The door opens and she takes a deep breath. A medical droid enters, and she sighs as it silently stops next to the table. It scans her body for any life-threatening injuries. Finding none, it leaves the room. 

A few minutes later the two stormtroopers enter the room, one pushing the cart. Cordelia glares at them as they grab their tools of choice before approaching the table. They get to work, and she focuses all her energy on not giving them any reaction to the pain, hoping it'll deter them, and they'd quit faster.

After what seems like hours, the stormtroopers do give up and leave again, taking the tray with them. Cordelia closes her eyes, focusing her mind and clearing it of any other thoughts.

"Grogu? It's me, Cordelia. I'm okay. I know you're scared and angry right now. I know because I am too. But Din will come for us. He won't stop until he has us back. I promise you. He'll come for us. We just have to stay strong until he can." She thinks, picturing Grogu and hoping her message reaches him.

Hey guys! My plan for the next chapter is to skip The Believer and move straight into The Rescue. This is because Cordelia wouldn't be there for the episode, so it wouldn't change lol.