The Visit (Part 2)

Cordelia leads the way down the path, Din following behind her with Grogu in the bag at his hip. She smiles when she spots the house, seeing Chewie and Ben playing in the front yard.

"Aunt Lia! Uncle Din!" Ben yells when he sees them approaching. 

He runs towards them and Cordelia crouches, catching him when he throws himself at her. She laughs, hugging him tight as Chewie joins them. Ben lets go of her and runs to Din, hugging his legs. He chuckles and ruffles his hair as Cordelia hugs Chewie. Ben gasps, getting their attention.

"What is that?" He asks, pointing at Grogu, who peeks out of the bag and coos. Din lifts him out of the bag and sets him on the ground. Chewie growls softly, repeating Ben's question. Cordelia crouches next to Grogu and holds out her hand to Ben.

"This is Grogu. He's our son, and your cousin." She explains. His eyes widen and he turns to Grogu. He coos and reaches towards him, making Ben giggle. 

"Can we go play?" He asks, so excited he practically vibrates. She laughs and grabs both of their hands.

"Of course you can, but you have to stay where we can see you. Okay?" Cordelia says. Grogu coos and Ben nods before they run off towards the house. She smiles and stands as she watches them. Din steps forward and wraps his arm around her shoulder as they watch the kids run around the yard.

"I got it." He says as the two run for the front door. He walks across the yard and follows them inside as Ben yells for his parents to come meet his cousin. Chewie takes his place beside Cordelia, and they walk towards the house as he updates her on their life on Chandrilla.

They enter the house to find Din and Han sitting on the couches in the living room, watching Ben and Grogu play while Leia finishes making lunch in the kitchen. Cordelia wrinkles her nose at the smell, joining her in the kitchen to peek at the food.

"What is that smell?" She asks, peeking over Leia's shoulder.

"It's just soup." She replies, raising an eyebrow at her. Cordelia shakes her head and grabs a couple bowls, setting them on the counter. Before she can start helping, Leia turns the heat off and drags her into a nearby room, shutting the door behind them. "What is wrong with you?" She asks.

"Um, nothing." Cordelia says, crossing her arms. "What's wrong with you?" Leia rolls her eyes.

"You're acting like I did, about six years ago." She tells her, crossing her own arms. Cordelia gasps, her eyes widening.

"No." She replies, burying her face in her hands. Leia chuckles and wraps her arm around Cordelia's shoulders, leading her away.

"I've got an extra test." She says, patting her back.

***

Cordelia sits on the couch next to Din, leaning into his side as she watches Ben showing Grogu his book. Han and Leia sit on the a

other couch, and Chewie sits on the floor with the kids. 

Both kids are sleepy when the book is finished, getting to their feet and climbing onto the couch with Cordelia and Din. Grogu climbs onto her lap, curling up and closing his eyes. Ben climbs onto Din's, reaching over to grab Cordelia's hand. She smiles at him, ruffling his hair as his eyes flutter closed.

"Would you like to put them to bed? I set up Ben's old crib in his room for Grogu." Leia says. Din glances at Cordelia before nodding. They each lift the kid in their lap and head to Ben's room, setting them down in their beds. 

Cordelia kisses each of their foreheads before following Din out of the room, finding Han leaning against the wall outside the room. Din kisses her forehead before leaving the siblings alone, heading back to the living room to help Chewie and Leia clean up after the kids.