Prologue

There is a smell of something being burned .It seems that due to the direction of the wind, the smell of fire magic is wafting over here.

 I wonder how many people lost their lives because of this smell.

 But it can't be helped. This is war. I've already come to terms with it.

 In the first place, the power that God gave me is itself like the power to take human lives.

 In that sense, perhaps it would have been better for me to become the "Demon King" of this world.

 But that is impossible. Even if God appeared here and ordered me to become the Demon King, I would not obey him.

 I have someone more important than God.

"Kuro."

 I turned around at the sound of a voice calling me, and there was my precious colleague.

"Steer. Is something wrong?"

"Nn. Ojou-sama wants to see you."

I was disappointed that it was her again, but if the most important person in my life was calling me, I had no choice but to go to her.

I wondered what kind of impossible task she would put me through this time.

I turned my back on the moon I was gazing at and headed toward my master.

Master was in one of the most luxurious and largest of the many tents.

"What can I do for you, Master Noah?"

"'Oh, what is it with that face? You don't like being called?"

"I must confess I disapprove. I am afraid that you will say something absurd."

"'That's a terrible thing to say to your Master."

"If Noah-sama were a more humble and steadfast Master, I think I could have been a more honest and obedient follower."

Noah, my master, only smiled and did not say anything after that.

"So, what can I do for you?"

"Oh, that's right. Kuro, you and Steer will go to the enemy's detachment and wipe them out."

"No, I don't want to. There are 500 people in that area, and you want us to handle it by ourselves?"

"But Steer said that she would do it for me."

"That girl is overly obedient to you."

 This is what bothers me about Noah-sama.

She's just lazy. She just does what she wants to do while giving orders to me, Steer, and other allies and mercenaries in the rear.

"I'm sure you can do it. Or what, are you scared?"

"I'm afraid. Unlike Noah-sama, we don't have that kind of nerve! Even though Steer is fine with it, please think about how I feel when I'm asked to kill five hundred people using the same tone of voice as 'buy me a cup of tea!"

"Didn't you used to say, 'I am happy to serve my master Noah-sama, who is lovely, beautiful, pure of heart, and smart?"

"It's been ten years since I met you ........., but the time that I thought your heart was pure disappeared shortly after I met you."

"Oh, so you don't deny that I'm lovely, beautiful, and smart."

Ugh. ........."

 You hit a sore spot.