Chapter 30 Preparing to Go Home

"Oh, ........."

"My collar, my collar fell off!"

 The children, who had been standing by the wall, were scared of us, but as soon as the collars fell off, they shouted with joy.

 Steer, too, looked at the fallen collar in a daze.

"Noah-sama, what do you want to do with the bodies of these men?"

"Strip away any gold they have and use dark magic to make them disappear. Bloodstains and all."

"Understood"

As Noah-sama told me, after retrieving the wallets, watches, and other things the men had hanging from their waists, I dump the bodies into the dark magic 《Bottomless Black Swamp》.

"Well, that's finally done. I got my money back, so there's nothing to complain about. Let's go home."

"Yes. But first, Noah-sama, what about the children here?"

"The kidnapped children will be returned to their parents. As for the children who were sold, inform their parents and have them sent to an appropriate nobleman's house as apprentice servants."

"I will arrange it that way, and I am sorry to trouble you, but would you please speak to your father, Noah-sama?"

"Yes, yes, I understand."

 Noah-sama replied in a nonchalant manner and went to go outside, and I was about to follow her.

"―――Wait."

 I heard a voice from behind me.

 When I turned around, I saw Steer looking at us with her poker face moving in a wiggly motion.

 She looked as if she was asking what she should do.

"What are you doing, Steer?"

".........uh, well."

Seeing the slight tinge of anxiety on her face, Noah-sama sighs.

"We're going home."

"Ah!"

 Noah-sama approached Steer, who suddenly raised her head.

"Is it, okay?"

"What do you think I went to all this trouble for? It's all so I can have you. Without you, all my hard work would have been for nothing."

"I may be a nuisance at .........,"

"You're saying we went to all this trouble to find an annoying girl?"

"........."

"We did all this work because we need you, remember? If you feel indebted to me, then devote the rest of your life to me."

 And then she said to Steer the same terrible but most charming words she had said to me.

"Work hard just for me. In return, I promise you a life that will be a hundred times better than anything you've ever known."

 Noah-sama patted Steer on the head and said so.

 Steer kept the same expression.

 Tears flowed from those beautiful purple eyes.

 Steer is a sensitive, age-appropriate girl who just doesn't show it in her expression.

 It must have been hard, painful, and sad.

 Is it any wonder that we are fascinated by the person who solved our problems in an instant?

"......... I understand. I will do my best only for you. I'll do anything for you. So please help me."