Chapter 37 The Saint

"Noah-sama, I have just received a reply from that man Doni and his master, the Viscount." (Kuro)

It's a long letter, isn't it? Could you please summarize it for me?" (Noah)

"'We will be obedient servants of Master Noah Marie, call us your dogs, woof woof.' is what it says." (Kuro)

"That's a wonderful summary. Very good, Kuro." (Noah)

"That's kind of you to say." (Kuro)

 Noah, Steer and I are enjoying a graceful three o'clock snack time.

No one would think that these three people happily conversing outside are a reincarnated former great magician who plans to conquer the world and has brought the surrounding nobles under her command one after another, a terrifying girl who boasts the amount of magical power that makes her the strongest candidate in the world and has the power to manipulate the minds of others, and a reincarnated being from another world with the power to manipulate death.

"Oh, by the way, Noah-sama, do you know. I heard that Noah-sama is called a "saint" these days." (Kuro)

"Huh?" (Noah)

"Ojou? a saint?" (Steer)

 Noah-sama was perplexed by my story, and Steer also nodded her head.

"She's not a saint, she's a wicked woman." (Steer)

"I know you don't mean to offend, Steer, but it is indeed a little hurtful, so please don't do it." (Noah)

"Why?" (Steer)

"Steer, a wicked woman generally refers to a woman who does terrible evil deeds. It is a woman who will stop at nothing to achieve her goals, or who is willing to conceive and carry out evil acts with impunity." (Kuro)

"Like Ojou."

"Huh? Oh, that's right. I'm sorry, Steer." (Kuro)

"Hey, hey." (Noah)

Try not to look at Noah-sama, who is staring at me with a jealous look.

"So I did some research to find out how you came to be called a saint." (Kuro)

"You blatantly went off topic. Well, okay, what did you find?" (Noah)

"That's the thing. They say it's because as Noah-sama grows, the governance of the surrounding fiefdoms is getting better and better!

You see, since about four years ago, Noah-sama has been using his Steer's mind reading to seize a weakness here and there so as not to cause any injustice. It seems that the people are making a fuss, mistakenly believing that this is the power of the blonde's good fortune." (Kuro)

"I see. I'm so happy to hear such rumors. Now I can do as I please a little more." (Noah)

"As a result, people in this town who know Noah-sama are looking at me like, "What are they talking about?" (Kuro)

"Before they say anything else, let's have Steer erase the memories of all those people who don't think well of me. You can do that right, Steer." (Noah)

"Probably." (Steer)

 She is willing to manipulate the people of the land she rules for her own ends.

She is a wicked woman, as they say.

"The funny thing is, there are rumors about me and Steer, too." (Kuro)

"Well, you guys stand out a lot, especially with me." (Noah)

"So I've been listening around, and guess what they are saying?" (Kuro)