Chapter 3: The Grim Reaper and the Mad Princess

This is a continuation of the prologue.

(I was thinking of something embarrassing, wasn't I?)

 Ten years ago, my goal was to find my own way of life.

 But I can say that now that I am living reasonably well in the present, my thinking was very misguided

 I knew from the beginning that I could not rely on God and that the world was not on my side.

 I knew that I would be oppressed when I was born with black hair, so I didn't have the luxury of hoping for a bright future.

 Nevertheless, I half-heartedly trusted people, and that's how I ended up in this situation.

 Well, it was because of that, that I caught master Noah's attention and here I am now.

"Kuro, you're staring at me."

"What? Oh, I'm sorry. I was just thinking about the past."

Steer and I are heading for our destination, weaving through the trees.

Despite holding her doll in one had Steer is able to weave her way through the trees with no difficult which is quite the feat.

"Is it about the old days? A story about your previous, otherworldly life?"

"No, not that one. Well, there's a little bit of that too, but it's about the time Noah-sama found me."

"Ah."

Steer turned forward, looking satisfied.

If I hadn't been picked up by Ojou-sama, I would be dead already.

Me too," . No, I think everyone in Master Noah's entourage is like that.

It seems that Noah is very important to Steer, who is not good at expressing emotions, to the extent that her face blushes a little and she becomes rather talkative whenever she talks about Noah-sama.

 It is not only me. All of my friends are people whose lives were saved by Noah-sama in one way or another.

 That's why I'm listening to her reckless orders like this.

"I can see it now. Steer, I will negotiate first, so please stand back a little."

"Hmm."

 We passed through the woods and landed a little ahead of the leader of the hundreds of marching soldiers.

 In these situations, the person at the front is usually strongest and most important. This is the most efficient way to do it.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I'm going to have to ask you to halt your march for a moment."

"......... Who the hell are you?"

 In the lead was an old man with blue hair with a receding hairline, looks like he's a veteran warrior.

 He stopped walking, perhaps alarmed that we had come out alone.

"Thank you for your wise decision."

"You are the hand of the Kingdom, aren't you? What is the meaning in sending out two girls out here? Tell me your purpose."

"Then, since my master does not like to beat around the bush, I will be frank with you. I am here to take your life."

 I said kindly.

 But the blue-haired man was staring at me with a frown.

"Little girl. I don't suppose you think you can take on our five hundred men with just two of you?"