Chapter 32 a Genius among Geniuses

---No, no, no, it's impossible.

 I could be mistaken, but I thought Noah-sama was shouting louder than ever before, but I must have misheard her.

 Maybe it is wrong and means 145. With that thought, I rubbed my eyes and stared again at the number displayed on the measuring machine.

『1/1450』

"Noah ......... -sama, is there something wrong with my eyes, or is the measuring device broken, it seems to have and extra zero at the end?"

"Is that what it looks like to you too, Kuro? A strange zero. That's odd, I see it too."

"What's wrong with you two?"

 Steer is tilting her head, but that's beside the point.

"It's impossible for both of us to have the same hallucination, isn't it?"

"Well, that would require a very powerful Mind magic spell."

"So is it possible that the measuring device is broken?"

"I've been trying to figure it out, but there's no sign of it."

"What is 1450 then? I understand the 1. What's the number right next to it?"

"Well, I mean, that's how much talent Steer has."

"I'm just asking for clarification, but I'm pretty sure Noah-sama's maximum magic power in your previous life, when you were Hal, was..."

「1100」

"With that kind of magical power, Hal almost took over the world, right?"

"Yes, that's right."

"Wouldn't that mean, Steer..."

"It means, Steer is the genius of geniuses, even more so than Hal."

 ..........

 This drowsy, sleepy-faced, goofy little girl fascinated by pancakes and Noah-sama.

 Higher talent than Hal, the greatest magician of a thousand years ago?

 Seriously?

"This has to be a joke, right? Ten times the average of a rare magician! What would that even look like! Could it destroy the world?"

"Aaaah calm down, Kuro! Its okay, it's okay! If we can guide Steer in the right direction, that kind of future shouldn't happen!"

"What are you two doing?"

 Steer is still looking at us with the same expression on her face, but that's beside the point.

"Steer, wait here for me to read you that book. It's got letters and pictures in it, so you can study the letters."

"Okay."

"Kuro, come here."

"Ye, yes."

 We left Steer behind and ran to the back of the great library.

"Noah-sama. Please let me to be frank with you. What would a mind magician with that much magic power be capable of?"

"......... I think they could destroy a small country in a couple of days."

"Please tell me you're joking."

"As Kuro knows, the speed at which magic recovers is proportional to the amount of magic available. If Steer's talent fully blooms and her number reaches 1450, she will probably be able to use high-level spells almost infinitely, as she would recover magic power faster than she uses it. Even the highest-level spells could be cast a frightening number of times..."