Chapter 2: Reincarnation

It was raining heavily.

It was thundering and raining so hard that it looked as if it would flood at any moment.

There were several things that lay fallen on the ground around me.

For example, the wreckage of the carriage in which I had just been riding.

For example, a large number of items that were in the carriage.

For example, a broken rock.

For example, the carcass of a horse that had fallen.

For example, the corpse of the slaver who had been tormenting us until a few

moments ago.

For example, the bodies of slaves who had been transported along with me until a

moment ago.

Yes, we fell off a cliff.

I got up, holding my aching head, and looked around me, but it seemed that there was no one alive except for me.

I was saved by a seat cushion that had generously cushioned me from the fall.

 I was about to live as a slave, but I was unintentionally saved.

And just now, I remembered something that happened when I hit my head.

 It was that I was a reincarnated person.

 This kind of reincarnation is supposed to be for people who had an unfortunate upbringing, and if they reincarnate, they can have a happy life, but this was not the case with me.

 Maybe God hates me for some reason.

 I was sold by my parents as soon as I was born into this world. It was as if it was a continuation of my previous life.

 Even after being bought by the slavers, I have lived alone. Even other slaves did not want to approach me.

 The reason is simple. Because I had black hair.

 Looking around, I saw twelve people, including the slaver and the slaves.

 Their faces were completely different, but they had one thing in common.

Their hair color was one of the  four elemental colors.

 In this world, there is a culture of magic.

 It is said to be a God-given talent, and almost everyone in this world has the gift of magic.

 Magical attributes are based on the four elements, and effinity is judged by "hair color.

 Red hair is fire. Blue hair is water. Green hair is wind. Brown hair is earth.

 However, there are those with hair color other than the above, and they are considered to have no magical talent.

Light blue, yellow-green, and other hair colors that are similar to the four elements at first glance cannot use magic, no matter how much training is given to them. White, silver, or pink hair is also a no-no. They are despised as "inferior.

 And "black hair" is said to be the worst of the inferiors, the hair color that brings bad luck.

 They can't use magic, they just bring misfortune. That is why my parents in this world sold me when I was just born.

The chances of being born with even an inferior hair color are low. Furthermore, black hair is extremely rare among them,only a handful among millions or even tens of millions are born with black hair.

 It's a poor bet to pull off such a worst-case scenario.

Ouch. .........

 I stand up on the spot, fighting back the pain in my entire body.

Then I thought. How will I live from now on?

 The slaver had taught me the bare minimum of common sense in this world.

 I had black hair, and the fact that they were teaching it to me, who would not be able to find a buyer anywhere, means that I was probably going to have my hair cut off or dyed appropriately and then be sold. Falsifying one's hair color is so forbidden in this country that it is punishable by death, no questions asked.

 Anyway, as long as I had black hair, I would be treated coldly no matter where I went.

But I don't have the courage to dye my hair, as it would be an instant death sentence if I were found out.

First of all, I need to find a place where people live. Then I will determine how coldly black hair is treated. And then ........."

I will find a way to live my life.

 I was born with the handicap of having black hair. But that is probably nothing compared to the fear and pain I have suffered in my previous life.

Therefore, I will make my own way to find a happy future for myself.

 This determination is surely the reason why I have regained my former memories.

 So, I know what I must do first.

 After all, without money and food, nothing can be done.

".........I'm sorry."

 I apologized as I scavenged through the scattered packages and bodies around me.

I found a small amount of food, water, and money that the slavers had.

 I wasn't told the value of the money or anything, but it was a mixture of silver and copper coins.

 I took it and, changed my clothes from the ones that looked like a piece of cloth laminated together to the somewhat better ones that were stored away.

I tried to forget as much as possible about the tragedy of my past life.

 The fact that I was saved from such a serious accident must have been a revelation that told me to live my life the way I wanted to.

In my previous life, I committed suicide after my parents almost sold me.

In this life, I was sold by my parents as though it were a continuation of my previous life, and I was going to spend the rest of my life as a slave.

 I thought to myself, "That's enough.

 I have had enough of this hopeless life.

I will be happy.

I'll find it. I'm going to get a taste of what it means to live as a human being.

And so I began to walk along the route that the carriage had taken.

Tl notes: In regards to the clothing change the transalation was a bit odd but im assuming the slavers had nicer sets of clothes they would dress the slaves in on auction day to try and make them appear more presentable to get a higher price and these were the clothes she took.