Chapter 18 Father

"Oh, by the way, my father is coming home today."

One day, about a month after I met Noah-sama, I was studying in the great library when Noah-sama said this as if it was nothing.

"By "father," do you mean the head of the Tealright family?"

'Yes. He is the Earl Gordon Tealright, the ruler of this area.

"Is it all right for the lord to be out of the house for over a month or so?"

"He is currently acting as a proxy for me. Before Kuro arrived here he was summoned by the king and went to the royal capital."

"What was he doing there?"

"I don't know. I think it was mostly about how to use me for political purposes, wasn't it?"

"Huh?"

 Noah-sama reads her book and says outrageous things as if they were irrelevant.

"Because I'm blonde. Just because there is a light magician in a country, it gives that country an advantage in negotiations. They can tell them that I will be a great magician in ten years, and they will lose in a fight."

"Grown-ups are dirty."

'It's the truth, He can do whatever you wants with it. In fact, I told my father to use it without reservation."

"Is that so? I thought you didn't like to be used like that, Noah-sama."

"No, I don't mind. I don't care, anyway."

 Master Noah closed the book and grinned evilly.

"I'm going to take over this country one of these days anyway."

 Noah-sama, who plans to conquer the world, must think that even such an outrageously greedy thing as "taking over the country" is just a passing dream.

 I am reminded of just how big of a deal she is, and I continue my studies in order to be of service.

"Um, 《Death》 ......... is one of the most powerful and simple dark magic that can wipe out all of your opponent's lifespan in an instant. If I can master this, I will be able to secretly assassinate enemies at home and abroad who are targeting Noah-sama."

"You're a diligent student, aren't you Kuro?《Death》 is a wonderful spell that was a favorite of mine in my previous life. It can kill all those with weak magical resistance."

"How wonderful."

 While Noah-sama and I were chatting peacefully, the little bell on the desk began to ring.

"Oh, it looks like we've been summoned. Let's go back, kuro."

"Yes."

 A thousand years ago, a number of items were created using rare magic.

 This bell is one of them, a pair of bells.

 One of the rare magic's, "sound magic," allows one bell to detect the voice of the person it is looking for and transmit a warning to the other bell.

 When I returned above ground by dark magic and entered the mansion, I found the servants in a hurry.

"Oh, Ojou-sama! Kuro! You're here!"

"Nina, what's all this commotion?"

 Then Nina, the youngest maid working in the mansion, came running up to us.

 She is one of the few who treats me, a dark-haired woman, without discrimination.

"The master has returned, We're preparing a meal for him, but there were more people than we had planned."