Chapter 53 - The Twins' Revenge: Middle Chapter

"I don't know."(Noah)

These words came out of Noah-sama's mouth, as if he had forced them out of her.

"You don't know. ........."(Ouran)

"You know what, I think you guys have got it all wrong."(Noah)

"What do you mean?"(Ouran)

"I don't have anything against those men. No, I have some negative feelings towards Auger but I don't have a vendetta against him like you guys do. Why are you asking me, an outsider, for my opinion?"(Noah)

"But... But you are the ones who captured ourr father and brother, aren't you?"

"Yes, I did, but we did it in exchange for your trust. When I captured them and brought them before you, you were obligated to trust me as per the terms. But if you don't get revenge on your father and brother, you won't be able to start a new life. That's why I'm waiting"(Noah)

 Yes, the condition we were given was 'to destroy the Gift family and bring Count Gift and Auger here alive.

 That has already been accomplished.

 But Noah-sama, as a maximum concession, is waiting to make a deal until the twins decide what to do with their father and brother.

"I thought you would come to a conclusion after waiting a few days, but you made me wait a week, and now you want me to decide what to do? Again, I don't know."(Noah)

"Ugh. .........."(Ouran)

"I don't care if I have to wait. If it is going to take the time to gain your trust, so be it. But we can't have other people involved in your vendetta."(Noah)

Noah-sama approached the twins, bending down to meet their eyes.

"What are you going to do, leave your revenge to someone else?"(Noah)

 She then patted the twins lightly on the head.

"Our work is already done. You should think and act on your own. There is nothing more wasteful than leaving the important part to others."(Noah)

 Noah-sama stood up and sat back down in the chair she had been sitting in.

"However, I do have one piece of advice for you."(Noah)

"Advice?"(Otoha)

"You know the saying, "Revenge produces nothing"? I hate it."(Noah)

 Noah-sama glanced at me and Steer, and then began to speak.

"Wouldn't you agree? They are being unreasonable and yet they are not being punished. Why should the victim have to put up with such a situation? If it's not productive, why shouldn't I do something about it?"(Noah)

 I think.

 'Revenge produces nothing', a cliche often heard in novels and detective dramas of the past.

 Like Noah-sama, I have no sympathy for this phrase.

 If I agree with those words, it would seem as if it was wrong for me to have taken my own life in my previous life and to have taken revenge on my parents.

 Is it wrong for a victim of bullying to try to get back at the perpetrator?

 Is it wrong for a demon girl whose village was burned down by humans to seek revenge against them?(Tl*1)

"I don't know how you people have been treated in your own homes. But at least they were in compassionate enough to make you want to kill your immediate family, right?"(Noah)