Chapter 51 Welcome Home

Three days later, at midnight, thirteen days after Steer contacted us.

 At three o'clock in the morning, when even the trees and grass were asleep, I, Noah-sama, Otoha, and Ouran secretly put the guards at the back gate of the mansion to sleep and stood by.

"Buek shun!(Sneeze) ......... Is Steer not coming, considering the time she contacted me, she should have been here by now."(Noah)

"I don't know how many times I have to tell you, Noah-sama, you can stay inside. I'll keep watch here."(Kuro)

"I don't like the idea of Steer working hard and me sitting on the sidelines, looking like a useless master."(Noah)

"Don't worry, Noah-sama you're already a deadbeat."(Kuro)

"Kuro, there are things you can say to your master and things you can't."(Noah)

"Let's leave it at that."(Kuro)

"Don't try to avoid the subject. Listen to me."(Noah)

"You two can stay inside, too, okay?"(Kuro)

 I asked them from a little distance away from me, while I was trying to avoid Noah's biting.

"No, we will wait. It is time to see if you have really kept your word."(Ouran)

"I see."(Kuro)

"What are you ignoring me for, Kuro? Apologize to me. Apologize for calling me a deadbeat."(Noah)

"I'm sorry, but you're right she should have arrived already. Something must be wrong."(Kuro)

"I've lived a long time, including my previous lives, and I've never heard such a heartless apology. You should apologize more properly."(Noah)

"If you don't want to be called a deadbeat, you should change your attitude."(Kuro)

"No."(Noah)

"......... You two are really a trusting master and squire, aren't you?"(Ouran)

 I gently looked away from Ouran's suspicious gaze, and was fed up with Noah-sama's insistent demands for apologies, and was torn between putting everyone to sleep and waiting for Steer alone, but without harming Noah-sama.

"Oh, the sound of hooves. Has she arrived?"(Noah)

 Noah-sama said, and everyone turned toward the gate, which was now fully opened.

 The front of the mansion is on a slope, so we can hear the sound but can't see it yet.

 The sound gets louder and louder, and the horses' heads come into view.

 Then the whole carriage comes into view.

".........Eh?"

 I was probably the one who uttered it.

 It came out so naturally that I could not be sure if I was the one who uttered it.

 The carriage in front of me was so strange.

 It was made just like an ordinary carriage. It may have been built for an aristocrat's warrant, but it was a modest structure for a private visit.

 However, the appearance of the carriage was not something that could be described as an ordinary carriage.

  I was the only one who noticed the abnormality, as I am a dark magician with good night vision.

 First of all, there was a tremendous amount of blood sticking to the entire body of the carraige.

 There were holes here and there, and the horse seemed to be disoriented.

 A stranger was sitting in the coachman's seat. He is controlling the horse with a lifeless face and trembling.