Chapter 40 - More Fun than Anger

"Inferior hair, you say? Why are you two here?"(Aulus)

"Well, they must have gotten in here from somewhere."(Auger)

Noah-sama's fiancee, who is called Auger, wiggles his way over to us.

"This is a nobleman's mansion. And it is also the home of the golden maiden, Noah Marie. This is no place for you."(Auger)

 How very rude of him.

"Thank you for your kind advice. But if I may return one word, we are servants of Noah-sama."(Kuro)

"What? What did you say?"(Auger)

 I bend my back politely to the pouting Auger.

"I am sorry for the delayed introduction. My name is Kuro, and I am Noah-sama's squire. I know this black hair is not pleasant to look at, but please forgive me..."(Kuro)

"Father-in-law, what is the meaning of this? Is it a trend in the kingdom to make lapdog slaves out of those with inferior hair?"(Auger)

He's not listening

 Well, of course not. They are from a meritocratic empire.

 No wonder they don't care about me.

"Well, that's..."(Gordon)

The Father is at a loss for words.

There is no way to get rid of us here

However, I cannot predict how Noah-sama would react if he did.

 For this man who is at her mercy, that would be more frightening than anything else.

 As a result, he would have no choice but to tell the truth.

"In fact, my daughter has a peculiar hobby of picking those with inferior hair like cats and dogs and turning them into her attendants and feeding them. They can't use magic, but they are useful to Noah Marie in their own way. Would you be so kind as to tolerate them?"(Gordon)

"Oh."(Auger)

 When Auger heard that, he stared at me and Steer.

"Hm, I don't like the color of your hair, but your faces are both very well-developed. You guys can survive even if you are not here, if you sell your bodies, right? Both of you are still children, but I think you would be in demand."(Auger)

 Well.

 I think that word is the greatest insult to women.

"I'm sorry, but I hate inferior hair. Or rather, I hate people with no talent. You are not worthy of Noah Marie. I will make her happy, so you can all go away in peace."(Auger)

 Normally, I would have been furious at this point, but my heart was calm as a lull.

It's kind of like this. It was so interesting that I couldn't get into the conversation at all.

 Why did he touch my hair every time? Why does he act so cool with us with his weird gestures?

 All these interesting things were concentrated, and as a result, I was left with a calm heart.

"We have given our allegiance to Noah-sama. We cannot leave her side without her permission."(Kuro)

"I'll tell her. We'll have to talk about it as a couple from now on. Yes, I'll make sure to tell her not to pick up the likes of you."(Auger)

Why does he sound like he's already married?

 In this world, you can't get married until you come of age at seventeen, but I wonder if they don't even know that.