Chapter 21 The Slums

"Of course not! Think about your own position! If it gets out that I took Noah-sama to a dangerous place like the slums, I'll have to commit seppuku! (Ritual suicide)"

"Kuro, let me tell you something. In this world, if you don't go out in public, it means you are not doing anything."

"You think you can sneak out? Look at your hair color, not many people in the world stand out like that!"

 What in the world is she talking about?

Even though she is my master, I really don't want her to get in over her head.

"If I wear a hood, I'll be fine. If Kuro also wears one as well we can easily sneak around although it is a hassle."

"But that doesn't mean"

"Anyway, master's orders. Tomorrow you'll have to take me with you."

"Ugh."

"Okay?"

".......... I understand."

However, I think the most troubled person is myself, who somehow cannot disobey Noah-sama's orders.

 The next day, the afternoon of the sixth day after arriving in this town.

 Noah-sama and I were wearing hoods and had reached the entrance to the slums.

"Listen, Noah-sama, I know I say this every time, but do not leave my side. Especially this time."

"I know, I know. I'll be mature this time, as I should be. It's dangerous here."

"I only sincerely wish that you would do so every time if you could, but thank you. This is the most dangerous and lawless place I have ever visited with Noah-sama. I will protect you as best I can, but please be careful."

"Yes, I understand."

"And don't act selfishly in any way! Understood?"

"How many times do I have to tell you, "I understand."

"Are you sure?"

"........., yes."

After making sure that Noah-sama did not wander around on her own, we ventured inside.

As soon as I stepped into the space, I felt a sensation of something being placed on my body.

"The air is heavy because people from all directions are dripping with negative emotions."

"It can't be helped, the lord here is a man whose motto seems to be 'cover the stink,' so he only repairs the outward appearance and doesn't send any money this way."

"I met him only yesterday, but he was a fat, sweaty pig. I wonder how this country is able to stay strong with such a man as their lord."

"No disrespect, Noah-sama, but pigs are very clean and intelligent animals. Their body fat percentage is not much different from that of the average human male.

"You mean I'm being rude towards the pigs?"

 As we continued walking, we gradually came to see a wide open space.

 Some people were lying down on straw in an uncovered area, while others were opening some kind of store.

 The only thing they had in common was that they were all shabbily dressed and had eyes like dead fish.

"It's terrible here, while a hundred meters back there it is so vibrant. When I conquer the world, I'm going to get rid of this place."

"That would be nice."