Chapter 24 Late night kids

"Steer, I remember."

We returned to Noah-sama's room, washed our hands, and sat down on chairs.

I'm tired today, and I'm sure Noah-sama will sleep well.

"I told Nina to look into the name Byron when I was passing by earlier, so she should have a report tomorrow or the day after. I am planning to go to that bar again tomorrow to gather more information."

"I'd like to go too, but I have plans tomorrow. I'll leave it to Kuro."

"Yes, ma'am."

I bowed to Noah-sama and went back to my assigned room...

"Oh, where are you going, Kuro?"

"Uh, I thought I'd go back to my room."

"Okay. Well, come back in three hours, okay?"

"Eh?"

"I came back here because I didn't want any of the servants to make a fuss, except Kuro. But late at night, they won't be able to come into my room, and they won't even know I'm gone."

"......... Oh, Noah-sama..."

"After midnight, I'm going to go to that bar one more time and talk to that Steer girl."

My face at that moment was.

How drawn out was it?

 It was midnight.

 At that time of the night, two children were walking around in the slums, even though they were eight years old, doing the very thing that good children should not imitate.

"Noah-sama, let's not do this. Where do you think we are? This is a lawless area, the slums, where anything can happen. It's a slum, a slum. It's dangerous even during the day, but walking here late at night?"

"What are you talking about, Kuro, after all this time?"

Yes, I understand its us were talking about.

Again with masters unpleasantries.

"Why don't you just go in the daytime? That bar was open at noon, so why not go then?"

"I have something to do during the day. I can't let kuro go there alone, can I?"

"But that doesn't mean I should go at this time of night."

"Then when are you going? We're leaving in three days. We can't waste a moment."

"Ugh."

 I know what you're saying.

 I understand, but something is different.

"Look, I can see it."

"Oh, I see it now. ......... Sure enough, it's still open for business."

 I realized that there was no point in blabbing, so I looked at the bar that came into view in front of me.

Inside, a small shadow is still moving. 

"What a terrible place to have kids work this late at night. Poor kids."

"Noah-sama, Noah-sama. Look at the side. Look at the side, there is another poor child who is forced to work at this hour."

 Ignoring my suggestion, Noah-sama approaches the bar..

"Kuro, when you have magically erased your presence, grab hold of my shoulder."

"Yes."

 I activated my magic first and grabbed Noah-sama's shoulder as I was told.

"As expected you may feel some discomfort on your shoulder. Then I'll start.