Chapter 50 It's done

It has been about ten days since Steer left.

 To date, there has been no emergency contact from Steer, indicating that things are going well.

"Ms. Othoha, Mr. Ouran. Dinner is served."(Kuro)

"Thank you."(Otoha)

"Would you like some dessert?"(Kuro)

"No, thanks."(Ouran)

 Well, we haven't made any progress on that front.

"Noah-sama has a message for you. 'Steer should be back in four or five days, so you should discuss what you want to do' she says."(Kuro)

"I understand, thank you."(Ouran)

"You two still don't trust us, do you?"(Kuro)

""..................""(Otoha)(Ouran)

"I am aware of the environment you two were in. I understand your feelings, because I have been in a similar situation. But at least Noah-sama is not the kind of person who would betray what she holds dear."(Kuro)

 The two of them only looked down and did not react to my words.

 It had been like this for the past ten days.

"It's just me talking to myself. My apologies."(Kuro)

 I opened the door to return to Noah-sama's room.

"......... to be honest."(Otoha)

 I stopped suddenly before I was able to close the door.

"I already know that you are not bad people, to be honest with you. I don't feel the same malice from you three that I felt when I was in the Gift family's mansion. I know that you are genuinely trying to help me and Ouran."(Otoha)

"I know you are ........., but I just can't believe it. I've never trusted anyone other than Otoha before."(Ouran)

 The words that the twins spilled out proved that they really wanted to believe in someone, just as Noah-sama had said.

"You are not in the wrong. It would be more difficult to ask you to trust us, whom you met only ten days ago, when for eleven years you had only each other to rely on."(Kuro)

I affirm them.

 They are like me in my previous life.

 I was locked in the cage of my parents and just did as I was told.

 When I first met them, their eyes looked just like mine from that time when I had no freedom.

"So if you just can't trust us, don't push it. But please listen to what Noah-sama has to say. If you listen to her words, I think you will be able to believe us at least."(Kuro)

"You do trust her, don't you? You trust your master."(Ouran)

Yes, I do. If I had not mether, I would already be dead. Noah-sama found me and saved me, and so I offer this life all to her.(Kuro)

 I said what I wanted to say, closed the door, and went to the kitchen.

 There I received Noah-sama's and my food and took it to Noah-sama's room.

"Noah-sama, its Kuro. I have brought you your meals."(Kuro)

"Oh, you may come in."(Noah)

 When I opened the door of the room, I found Noah-sama reading a grimoire of light magic.

"Well, looks like I'm still just short of using high level magic."(Noah)

"Light magic is quite powerful, even looking at the magic Noah-sama can use now, but what can it do at a higher level?"(Kuro)