Chapter 5 - Gaining Trust

Normal: Speaking
Italics: Thoughts/Whispers/Emphasis/POV/Timeskips/Weapon Names
Bold: Shouting/Misc. Characters/Flashbacks
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Beacon Academy, (Y/N) POV)

As Professor Goodwitch and I were walking down the hallway to go meet with Team RWBY in their room, I decided to start a conversation with my future teacher, but I was a loss as to what to say to her and I sigh.  She noticed this and tried to start the conversation instead.

Glynda: "So, Mister Teka, what made you want to join our Academy, exactly?" she asks as my head perks up, trying to think of a proper answer that could apply, but I'm still not sure what to say.

Glynda: "Was it for fame, fortune, or something entirely different?" she asked, looking at me as I took a glance at her, not sure whether or not I should explain my situation to her.  For all I know, she could get scared or something...  But I feel as though I can trust her, so I'm going to tell her.

(Y/N): "Uhm, before I answer, is there any empty rooms around here?" I ask as she looks at me confused as both of us stop in our tracks as she turns to look at me and notices my scared expression.

(Y/N): "The reason I joined is a bit private and I don't want anyone else to know about what I'm about to tell you because I'm kinda nervous about this topic." she was taken aback by this request but after thinking about it for a bit, she nodded and we took a slight detour into an unoccupied room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Beacon Academy - Empty Room, (Y/N) POV)

After I enter the room, I shut the door and sigh.  I sit on the bed, still contemplating on what to do and hoping that I don't scare her or make her uncomfortable.  After a few more moments to think I swallow my pride and go to grab the bottom of my sweater.

(Y/N): "Can you keep a secret, Professor Goodwitch?" I ask her with sadness in my eyes as she looks at me, confused and concerned before nodding slowly and I look at her and see her eyes are full of both concern and curiosity.

(Y/N): "This is pretty personal for me and if this gets out, I..." I say pause and look down, afraid of what she might think as I feel my heart sink into my stomach, wondering if I should really do this or not.

(Y/N): "...I don't know what I'd do." I ask as my eyes start to water up and she gave an understanding nod as a response and I slowly remove my scarf and sweater to reveal my body from the neck down was covered in scars and stitches, due to the procedure that was used to revive me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Glynda POV)

I gasp in horror and shock at the sight of this young man's body.  What on Remnant happened to him?  I see tears forming in his eyes, as if he was afraid of what I'd think after seeing this.  I can see why he was so hesitant about this, though.  After a minute to clear my thoughts, I think of something to say.

Glynda: "Are you okay, (Y/N), what in the world happened to you?" I ask as I walked closer to him and sat on the bed next to him as he stays silent, extremely hesitant to say anything regarding to his situation.

Glynda:  "He seems so scared about something, but I don't know what..." I think to myself as I see him crying, scared senseless as I wrap my arm around his shoulders, the stitches on his body brushing up against my sleeve.

Glynda: "Maybe he's afraid that I'll have him expelled, or maybe that I would be repulsed at the sight?" I think to myself as I look down at the ground, slightly uncomfortable.