Chapter 8 - Alexander's Lesson (Part II)

Normal: Speaking
Italics: Thoughts/Whispers/Emphasis/POV/Timeskips/Weapon Names
Bold: Shouting/Misc. Characters/Flashbacks
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Alexander's Forge - Training Dojo, (Y/N) POV)

After resting from the training I had with the Subuta Pistols, Alex decided that I'd learn how to use the Subuta Blade this time.  My training regime is definitely something, though...  He's strict, yeah, but he's not pushing me too hard as he knows my limits for the time being, despite my Aura being quite high.  I hop out of bed and walk towards Alex, as if telling him I'm ready to continue.

Alexander: "Alright, (Y/N), we spent the past few hours training with your pistols, but now we're gonna train using the "Subuta Blade"." he says as he picks up the blade and shows me where the trigger of the gun part, which is just above the handle of the blade, but just far enough for me to reach with ease as I nod and he then shows me the location of the barrel of the gun, which is about halfway up the blade.

Alexander: "The thing with the gunblade is that to get the most out of the gun, you have to use your Aura and time your shots with your swings..." Alex pauses and aims the tip of the blade at a large hologram target.

Alexander: "...like this!" he says as he slashes the target five times, a loud noise and a burst of energy being made with each successful hit before spinning the blade and letting it rest on his shoulder.

I just nod and pay attention while also staring in awe on how incredible the gunblade is, I haven't seen anyone use one before.  Not even our family has made something like the Subuta Blade and they're responsible for a majority of Remnant's weapons!

(Y/N): "Alright, I think I see what you're getting at, Alex, mind if I try?" I ask as he hands me the Subuta Blade and afterwards, he sets up a target covered in armor and I study the composition of it.

(Y/N): "This armor is made out of Atlesian Steel, isn't it?" I ask as I look back at Alex and he nods, impressed with my knowledge, probably thinking that since I don't have very much combat experience, I wouldn't know what kind of metal this armor was made of.

I sigh and prepare to strike the target and after a few seconds, Alex starts a timer on the machine and I slash the target first with an upwards motion, then two more times with a left and right motion and a fourth and fifth time with a diagonal motion from an upper left to lower right slash and a lower left to upper right slash before jumping up high and slashing downwards, resulting in a powerful attack that shatters the armor afterwards in quick succession, having timed all six of my shots perfectly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Alexander POV)

Alexander: "Well I'll be damned, he actually managed to pull it off!" I think to myself as I look on in amazement and pride at (Y/N), the first student I've taught in about three years with a I smile before chuckling to myself.

Alexander:"I'm kinda having good memories from my time back at Signal..." I reminisce in my thoughts as I start to remember the good times at the Academy, before losing it all in one fell swoop...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FLASHBACK: Eight years ago

(Signal Academy - Combat Class, Alexander POV)

Alexander: "Now then, class, if anyone would like to spar against me, feel free to step up and come to the center of the classroom." I ask as two students stand up and head towards meThese two students were Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long, the top students of my class and I grew a large smirk on my face as they both approach me.