Chapter 35 - The End of the Beginning

Normal: Speaking
Italics: Thoughts/Whispers/Emphasis/POV/Timeskips/Weapon Names
Bold: Shouting/Misc. Characters/Flashbacks
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Alexander's Forge - Training Dojo, (Y/N) POV)

I wake up and yawn, looking at my surroundings as I see almost everyone is still asleep, bar Glynda, Alex, Winter, Qrow and Raven. I stand up and approach Alex, who's standing next to Winter, Qrow and Raven and I pat his shoulder, getting his attention and he turns around to face me as I notice his Atlesian Military getup and smirk.

(Y/N): "Looking sharp in that outfit, Alex." I tease as he smirks and punches my shoulder playfully, hearing Winter, Qrow and Raven laugh and soon after, I walk up to Raven and look at her in the eyes.

(Y/N): "You're going to act as our eyes in the skies, Raven, since your brother's going to be with Alex and Winter during this mission." I say as she nods and I hand her a burner Scroll and a button.

(Y/N): "That button is for if things go south on your end and the Scroll is for the information we gather, and we don't want to use our real Scrolls, since we can't risk them being destroyed or confiscated by any of our enemies." I say to Raven before I look at Alex, Qrow and Winter.

(Y/N): "If what Raven said about Ironwood is true, then we'll need some evidence of any kind, whether it be a photo or recording, so just keep your eyes and ears open for any slip-ups on the General's part, alright?" I say as Winter nods and salutes me, which makes me blush a bit as Qrow chuckles.

Glynda: "As for our part, (Y/N), I contacted Professor Ozpin earlier and allowed Penny to be registered as an exchange student from Atlas and I've been asked to act as her guardian for the Festival." Glynda says as she walks up to me and I give her a smile and a peck on the lips.

(Y/N): "That's great news, Glynda, but speaking of Professor Ozpin..." I say before pausing, staring down at the ground as I place my left hand on my chin, trying to think of something, which earns me looks of confusion from all five of them.

(Y/N): "...what are we gonna do about him, I mean he's probably on Ironwood's side." I say before Glynda and the others look down, realizing I might be right about this situation as I sigh and look at Glynda, who seems like she's taking this the hardest and I place my hand on her shoulder.

Glynda: "You're probably right, (Y/N), but even if that's true, I'll stand by your side, I promise." she says as she gives me a hug and I hug her back, smiling at her as we notice Alex looking at his outfit, a look of disappointment etched across his face as Winter looks at him with a small frown.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Alexander POV)

I sigh and look at my outfit, old memories that are both good and bad flooding my mind as I look at Winter and notice the frown on her face that tells me that she's worried about me. I smile l place my hand on her shoulder and give her a warm smile, telling her that I'm alright.

Alexander: "I'll be fine, Winter, I'm just..." I say and pause as I close my eyes and take a deep breath, trying not to remember all the traumatic memories that occurred during my stay in the military before looking at Winter.

Alexander: "...going on a trip down memory lane, that's all." I say with a sad smile on my face as I chuckle and hug her, which surprises her and everyone else in our little group and I let go of her soon after.

Winter: "Alright, if you insist, Alexander, I'll take your word for it." Winter says with a sincere smile as I laugh and Qrow pats her back as Winter blushes, looking annoyed as Raven looks at me, confused as she walks in front of me.