Chapter 9 - Retrieval

Normal: Speaking
Italics: Thoughts/Whispers/Emphasis/POV/Timeskips/Weapon Names
Bold: Shouting/Misc. Characters/Flashbacks
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Emerald Forest, (Y/N) POV)

After I was launched into the Emerald Forest, I unsheathed the "Subuta Blade", noticing a huge tree that was in my path.  Thinking quickly, I pulled the trigger of the blade and stabbed the tree with full force, hoisting myself up on top of the handle and wrapping my right foot near the trigger.  Afterwards, I fire the gun and push myself off of the handle, doing a backflip and grabbing the handle before kicking off the tree and removing the blade, causing myself to fall before landing on my feet, sighing in relief.

(Y/N): "Phew, that was close, I'm glad that the training I had with Alex is paying off." I say and look around, noticing something in the distance before rushing towards it.

(Y/N): "But I have no time to waste, I have to keep moving!" I muttered to myself as I continue to run, slashing any Grimm in my way as I make haste towards what appears to be the temple that Professor Ozpin and Goodwitch told me about.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Beacon Academy - Auditorium, Glynda POV)

My jaw was on the floor as I watched (Y/N) run, slash and jump towards the temple, not slowing down in the slightest, as I never expected his training with Alex to have these kinds of results.  To think that (Y/N) has this level of expertise and power already and Alexander only trained him for a day!  I guess that's what happens when you learn from one of the best teachers in all of Remnant.  I sigh and look back, noticing the looks of disbelief and awe on every student, and I could swear that even Ozpin was amazed.

Glynda:  "What an incredible student he is, it's honestly shocking." I say, amazed at his skill and prowess on the battlefield, my eyes peeled onto the screen, not wanting to miss a single second of the action.

Glynda: "To think that over the course of a day, this boy has been able to defy the expectations of all of these students and then some." I say to Ozpin, glancing at him as he sips his mug of hot cocoa.

Ozpin: "Well, he WAS trained by one of the best, Glynda, it's no surprise to me that he's this adept with the weapons Mister Izald made specifically for Mister Teka's use at the request of Mister Idel and Miss Anne." he says I nodded in agreement before going back to watching (Y/N) again, keeping an eye on him as he barreled his way through the Emerald Forest, aiming to get a piece and returning here in one piece.  I grasped my hands together as I began to silently pray for his safety in secret, not even Ozpin could see what I was doing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Emerald Forest - (Y/N) POV)

I continue my journey through the forest as I notice the surprising lack of Grimm attacking me as compared to before.  I stop in my tracks and look around, uneasy at the current situation as I hear leaves rustling.  Before I know it, a Beringel jumped down from a tree and I looked up, barely dodging as I roll to the side, resting on one knee as I look up at the gorilla-like Grimm as it beats its chest while howling loudly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Beringel Reference)