Chapter 45 - Gone in a Second

Normal Font: Speaking
Italics: Thoughts/Whispers/Emphasis/POV/Timeskips/Weapon Names
Bold: Shouting/Misc. Characters/Flashbacks
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Beacon Academy - Ruined Festival Grounds, (Y/N) POV)

Alex, Glynda and I make our way through the fiery landscape that was once Beacon Academy, taking down any Grimm, robot soldiers and White Fang members in our paths while looking for our friends and anyone else that we can rescue, though things look bleak as all three of us see people who have sadly died in various, yet brutal ways.

(Y/N): "This is so awful, so many innocent people are dead, and we couldn't save any of them in time..." I say somberly as we keep dashing towards the exit, though I'm becoming dizzy and I hold the bloody wound where my right arm was as I start stumbling and Glynda notices the state I'm in and catches me as I fall down.

Glynda: "Don't push yourself so hard, hon, just lean on me for a while, okay?" Glynda says as I nod and let her help me up and we start walking side-by-side as I give her a weak smile, and she responds with a smile of her own, but after a minute or two, Alex sees Neo, Emerald and Winter taking care of Penny, who's arm is completely crushed and broken, and dashes over to them.

Alex: "What happened here, is everyone okay?!" Alex asks with concern in his voice as the four of them notice him carrying Amber, who's still unconscious, as Winter widens her eyes and stands up quickly and looks at her.

Winter: "You actually managed to rescue the Fall Maiden, this is great, now we can get out of here, and..." Winter says with joy before pausing as all four girls notice me in my condition and look horrified.

Winter: "...oh my Oum, what happened to you, (Y/N)?" she asks with tears in her eyes as Neo, Emerald and Penny walk up to us with the same expressions as Winter and I sigh before giving a weak smile, though I feel myself fading in and out of consciousness, and Glynda takes notice almost immediately.

(Y/N): "I-I'll explain later, b-but we need t-to get out of..." I say weakly before passing out, which earns everyone's concern and I faintly hear Glynda's voice telling me to wake up and I slowly open my eyes and groan and look at everyone.

(Y/N): "C-Come on, w-we need to move, l-let's go." I say as all seven of us start to make our way to the exit of the Academy grounds when all of a sudden, we hear a familiar voice and my eye widens.

???: Don't move an inch and please give me the Fall Maiden so that we may deliver her to General Ironwood and Ozpin." a male voice rings out and I turn my head slowly, shaking in fear and anger as I see the one man I thought wouldn't be here once this whole thing started: Arek Idel, and next him was Anne, and Arek is pointing a gun at me and Alex.

(Y/N): "Haven't you taken enough from us?!" I say with anger in my voice as I cough up blood and even though Arek and Anne are initially shocked by the state I'm in, they don't seem to care about me anymore.

Arek: "Look, (Y/N), the Fall Maiden would be in safer hands if she was with General Ironw-" Arek starts to say as I interject and interrupt him with a loud "NO!" that makes him immediately shut his trap.

(Y/N): "Shut the fuck up, and listen to me for once in your miserable life, you two-faced, lying, hypocritical bastard!" I say in rage as I start walking towards the two of them by myself as I draw the "Subuta Blade Mk. II" from its sheathe, stumbling slightly as I see that their faces full of shock at my outburst.

(Y/N): "That girl is Alex's daughter, and she means the world to him, I mean, he nearly destroyed Beacon out of pure rage and sadness when he saw her in that stasis pod in the Vault, for Oum's sake!" I explain, my anger rising with each passing second, but I start to feel like I'm losing consciousness with each step, but keep myself awake from sheer willpower alone and I look back at Alex, who seems ashamed, though I see all of our friends comfort him and I look at Arek and Anne again.