Chapter 40 - Falling Down

Normal Font: Speaking
Italics: Thoughts/Whispers/Emphasis/POV/Timeskips/Weapon Names
Bold: Shouting/Misc. Characters/Flashbacks
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Emerald Forest - Near the Vytal Festival Grounds, Emerald POV)

We all convened at the meet-up and we all look at Raven, waiting for her to explain what's going on and what happened that made her call this impromptu briefing session and soon enough, Raven drops down from a tree and clears her throat.

Raven: "Glad you guys could make it, now I can tell you about what I found out while spying on Cinder." she says as we stare at her intently and attentively, and after a few moments of silence, she sighs.

Raven: "Cinder found out that the briefcase was stolen, and now she's probably going to go after Emerald and Neo." she says somberly as Neo and I widen our eyes in fear as the rest of us look at them as I start to fear the worst.

(Y/N): "Oh no..." I hear (Y/N) say with fear in his voice, shaken up as Neo and I look back at Raven, who looks as nervous as the rest of us.

Emerald: "This is NOT good, now Neo and I have targets on our backs, too." I say with a tinge of fear in my voice as Neo looks like she's about to cry, and frankly, I'm about to burst into tears, too.

Alexander: "Dammit, this just got a whole lot more complicated, so we need to-" Alex says before pausing and looking around, his eyes slowly widening and soon after, he stares at me, which tells me something is wrong.

Alexander: "Where the fuck is Team RWBY?" he asks as I widen my eyes in shock and before long, all of us begin to search the forest for wherever they might be, when all of a sudden, something clicks in my head.

Emerald: "Oh no, they must be at...!" I think to myself as I contact Alex via my Scroll and tell him to tell everyone to re-convene at the point where we met up when Raven contacted us, and a few minutes later, we all arrive to the same area.

Emerald: "I-I think I know where they might be." I say as I direct everyone's attention to one place using my head as everyone else looks at the one place I'm SURE they're at: Amity Colosseum.

Alexander: "Oh fuck, this is bad, I didn't expect them to be fighting so soon!" Alex says as I see him walk ahead of us, dropping his helmet soon after as we watch him pull his Scroll out and dial a number on it.

Alexander: "Change of plans, we've gotta get this show on the road, because there's no time left to try and gather information, and..." he says and pauses as he turns to look at all of us, a determined look in his eyes.

Alexander: "...I've got a bad feeling about what's coming up, so I'm going to contact one of my old buddies and get supplies from my shop for us to use for the battle that's going to happen, so contact me via my Scroll should anything happen, and I'll be there ASAP." he says as we all nod and while Alex heads towards the exit of Beacon Academy, the rest of us head back to the Vytal Festival, though (Y/N), Neo and I hear voices coming from an area nearby and go investigate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Twenty minute timeskip brought to you by Chibi (Y/N) comforting Chibi Glynda after watching a scary movie together.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Alexander's Forge - Storage Room, Alexander POV)

I look around the room and pick up some supplies, such as ammo, ionized Dust Crystals for (Y/N), and I then turn my attention to the Team IVRY poster I have hung on a large wall in front of me and I take it down to reveal a button, which I push to open a secret compartment, just big enough to hold my most powerful weapons, armors and the very thing that Cinder's after: the Remnium ore.  I enter the room and close it behind me.