|| 106 || Ina's Birthday 2022! 🐙 O/F

Art by BangSat3D on twitter

Ninomae Ina'nis x !Gender Neutral!Reader

WOOO ANOTHER IMPLUSE CHAPTER TO DRAG ME OUT OF DUTIES. JUST SILLY LITTLE ME AVOIDING ALL OF MY SILLY LITTLE TASKS IRL BECAUSE I WILL WISH THIS AMAZING TAKO A HAPPY BIRTHDAY IF IT KILLS ME

(Also irrelevant but I've been going back to DDLC and the uncanny resemblance between Yuri and Ina scares me. Both have long purple hair. Both are shy and introverted at first and are generally soft spoken. And both weirdly have a creepy, eldritch book with an eye on the cover.)

Also pretty heavily implied poly relationship between all of EN because my gay brain has been thrown out of the window at this point and I want all of them to be happy and so everyone gets a fair share of their favourite ship.

One last warning: Kinda short because I wanted to write something sweet, short and fluffy. Also puns. Lots of puns near the end

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The lights were dimmed.

Calli shushed everyone, silencing the chorus of whispers echoing around the room. You felt your smile stretching from cheek to cheek. Next to you, Bae awkwardly shuffled around, accidentally stepping on your feet as Gura tried to climb on you, much to your chagrin.

"I'm trying to get the best view possible of her adorable face!" The shark whispered in your ear as her knee pressed into your spine, making you flinch for the hundredth time.

"Does that warrant climbing over me? I'm pretty sure Kronii and Fauna are closer to the door than I am," Gura snickered.

"Yeah, but it's funnier if it's you," You scoffed before the two of your were once again shushed by Calli, although she would be lying if the sight of a small shark climbing of one of her partners wasn't funny.

"SHH I CAN HEAR HER FOOTSTEPS," Bae whisper-screamed, her fuzzy rat ears twitching as she strained to hear outside of the room. If you listened closely, sure enough you could hear the sound of Ina's over-the-top platform shoes.

The room became dead silent in a heartbeat, almost scarily so. Gura finally stilled on your back, apparently content with the position she found.

"Hello?" The door opened, the golden light from the hallway spilled just past the threshold as Ina poked her head in. "Is anyone here? Where are you all?" Her ear flaps twitched, probably because you were trying your hardest to muffle Gura's laughter.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" Sana, not even waiting for anyone else, rushed forward and scooped the priestess into a warm hug. Ina squeaked as everyone else joined in, some yelling happy birthday at the top of their lungs (namely, Gura, Kiara, Watson, Mumei and Bae) while others showered her with birthday wishes (namely, you, Calli, Fauna, Kronii and IRyS).

"You guys..." Ina's voice quivered, stormy blue eyes watering, ear flops drooping happily. Sana just hugged her tighter, not even caring as Gura climbed over her just like she had done with you to join the group hug.

"Inya~ If you start crying I'm gonna start crying," Oh god, the very sight of Gura nuzzling into her tako girlfriend made your heart clench with the adorableness.

With no warning, a slew of tentacles wrapped around everyone, tugging you tightly into a warm embrace. Next to you was poor Fauna who had to angle her head just right to avoid risk of poking an eye out with her antlers. You just sighed and rested your head into the crook of Ina's neck.

"Boo," Gura poked you playfully, her blue eyes centimetres away from your own. You smiled, poking your tongue out childishly in her direction. Gura scoffed.