Muggle Cassettes

(Filler Chapter)

22 December 1999, 23h09
Location- Grindelwald Manor

Narrator POV

Two people were in the study of the ex-Dark Lord's study one auburn haired and the other a bright, fiery red colour.

Both were inhumanly beautiful. Their alabaster skin glowed dimly in the darkened room, the curtains snapped shut to prevent any sunlight from the new day to flow in.

Matching pairs of coal black eyes snapped to the door simultaneously as they heard it open.

"Sir, I've found something that may interest you..."babbled Emmeline Vance as she walked over to them shakily, a manila folder clasped in between her two hands.

"Get out,"hissed the younger looking of the redheads in the room as he stood up to take the item out of her hands. Emmeline squeaked before rushing out of the study.

"Stupid woman left the door open..."

"Leave her, Ronald. It will not do anything to get angry now,"the auburn haired man replied.

"B-But, Dumbledore! She needs to learn her manners!"Ron whined, frowning. "And do not call me Ronald, it reminds of the traitors whose blood I used to share. Call me Roman."

Albus rolled his eyes. "Not this again..."he muttered.

'Roman' picked it up with his hearing and bristled.

"YES THIS AGAIN. I won't stop until you get my damn name right!"he snapped.

Without any warning, Albus jumped out of his chair, pinning Roman on the wall by his neck, baring his teeth as he pressed down harder on the younger red head's neck.

"Don't. You. Ever. Tell. Me. What. To. Do!"he growled, punctuating every word with a squeeze to Roman's throat.

Roman coughed and kicked against him, glaring hatefully at Albus.

"You, boy, are only a mere Childe. You know nothing about what it means to be a Dieresi! You are lucky enough that I even LET you get turned into one, never mind keeping you alive! Don't you ever disrespect me again. Now hand over the folder, Roman," Albus sang with a condescending grin.

He let go of the boy's neck, causing him to land on the floor with a thump. Slight grey cracks were showing up in the area where his throat was nearly crushed but Roman managed to throw the folder as hard as he could at Albus.

He stood up gracefully—an odd thing for the former Weasley—and dusted off his black slacks with a bottle green dress shirt, one eye on Albus's smirking form.

"I'm hungry, I feel like eating some Italian today,"was all he said as he sat down Indian style on the desk.

Albus snorted and shook his head. "You can't go now, Roman. You know better than to go after victims during broad daylight."

"But I want food NOW!"Roman whined.

"But I want you to shut up NOW!"Albus retorted, mimicking Roman's tone of voice.

The redhead sniffed before falling silent. Albus sighed as he opened up the folder. Out of it fell a tape recorder with a cassette accompanying it in Albus's arms.

"What on earth is this? What am I supposed to do with this?"he asked incredulously.

"I know what that is!"Roman gasped.

"What is it then?"

"It's a Muggle device!"

"No shit, Merlin."

"Nooo. Let me finish! It's a Muggle device Arthur Weasley had brought home once. It's called a...a...hmmm..."Roman trailed off, trying to remember the name.

Albus frowned. "Muggles really are stupid. Why would you call a device a 'a-a-hm'? What does it even do? Go 'hm' all the time?!"

Roman rolled his eyes. "Don't be foolish. It's actually called a cassette. I know how to use one!"he arrogantly stated as he swiped the tape recorder and the cassette out of Albus's hands.

He put the cassette inside before pressing 'play'.

"Hahahahahaha..."a chillingly deep, robotic voice laughed from the recorder.

Roman and Albus shared a mildly frightened glance.

"Hello..."It continued. "Just refer to me as Psyche for now...I've been watching you two for a long while now...You prove to be promising for my cause...We both want the same things don't we?"

"Bloody hell..."Roman whispered.

Albus kept silent and listened.

"You've had such unfair misfortune given unto you, it's only fair you get your revenge, huh? Join me and I can help you with your desires. To watch the Riddle-Potters fall for committing such grievances against you."

Roman and Albus shared wary glances. While the promise was to good to be true, there must be some sort of price. The tape continued:

"Should you agree to my proposal, I need you to do one thing for me..."

"Which is?"Roman questioned with a manic glint in his eyes. He'd do anything—anything just to see Potter just as miserable as he was.

Albus gave him as sideways glance, his brows knitted together. He didn't like the way that the younger redhead was tensed.

"I want you to bring Tom Riddle to me."