What's Ay Men?

1 September 1996, 12:43
Location-Hogwarts Express

Draco, Blaise, Pansy,Susan, Padma, Neville and Luna were all in a compartment, laughing. It looked odd to the people who passed by to snoop—oops, see— the merry band of unusual houses together without a care in the world.

Of course, Pansy and Blaise were informed of what happened over the summer by Draco and seemed a bit disbelieving at first. The two Slytherins had formed a slightly tentative relationship with the other four teens and found out that they actually liked spending time with them.

"...So, what happened to Hermione?"Pansy asked, concerned. She wouldn't tell anyone this, but she actually nursed a little crush on the bookworm brunette ever since third year. After all, she only bullied her to get her attention. Some attention is better than no attention at all. Right?

Draco and Blaise waggled their eyebrows at her suggestively, grinning like Cheshire cats.

"She's at Riddle Manor, of course! Why'd you ask?"Luna replied absently, a bunch of notes for the wedding surrounding her on the floor where she sat comfortably. Narcissa had appointed her to leak the wedding date to the media. She was deciding on how best to tell Ms. Skeeter.

Pansy flushed a pale pink and ducked her head, her long black bangs hiding her face from view.

"N-No reason. Just being...uh—nosy! Yeah...that's what I meant!"the raven hair stammered. The other four teens in the room stared at her intently, well until Luna spoke up again...

"She likes you too you know. Be brave and tame the lioness,"Luna said with a mysterious smile. Pansy stared at the blond, full of hope.

"How?"she asked breathlessly, forgetting everyone else in the room altogether.

"It all starts with a wedding..."

Just then, our two most favorite ever redheads come bursting into the compartment like they own the place.

"Hey guys!"greeted Ron. Then he sees the Slytherins. "What're the slimy gits doing in this compartment?" he asked, frowning.

"Excuse me, Weasel, these 'slimy gits' have names!"hissed Draco.

"Shut up Ferret. He wasn't talking to you anyway!"Ginny said pompously.

She sat down on the floor next to Luna and said:

"Can you believe it! That ugly bitch who took my Harry is getting married to him! She must have him under love potions! Who would like someone like her?!"

Luna stared at her balefully, a look that shook the red headed twit.

"I think Tomara is a lovely girl. We spent time with her and Harry over the holidays!"said Susan. Neville and Padma nodded along vigorously.

"I just don't get why Harry always gets the girls? This is just unfair!"whined Ron.

The rest of the teens rolled their eyes.

The stupid boy looked around, noticing that Harry wasn't there. "Hey...Where's Harry and Hermione?"

"Hermione fled for another country. Both Harry and her aren't coming back."Neville said, watching Luna writing.

"WHY?!"asked Ginny.

"Well duh, Voldemort—Grow up Ronald!—is after Muggleborns. Wouldn't it make sense to run? And Harry is getting married. He's going to be homeschooled,"said Luna.

Ron was going to tell Dumbledore all this later.

"We should be going! Bye!"he said, dragging Ginny out of the compartment.

The teens breathed a sigh of relief.

"Ay men! I thought that they'd never leave!"said Padma.

"What's Ay men?"Blaise asked curiously.

"A Muggle thing Hermione taught me."

"Oh."

_______________