Chapter 60:

Tong Che's actions were so unexpected, and the scar on his wrist was even more unexpected.

Xiao Qi was obviously stunned too, she even subconsciously threw the knife aside for the time being. She reached over and gently touched Tong Che's wrist, as if she was confirming the authenticity of the scars.

Omega's skin is naturally delicate and smooth, especially for someone like Tong Che, who has a better foundation in the entertainment industry and is skilled at taking care of himself.

However, the small section of skin under Xiao Qi's fingers was uneven and very rough.

After letting Xiao Qi touch his wrist for a while, his wrist began to tremble again.

Xiao Qi was startled and hurriedly withdrew her hand, forgetting her emotions, and looked at Tong Che with a worried expression, "Brother Xiao Che, what's wrong with your hand...?"

Tong Che smiled soothingly at her and withdrew his left hand, which was still trembling. He put his right hand over it, gently rubbing and pressing it twice, explaining simply, "The nerves are damaged, so I can't bear the effort."

Xiao Qi hung her head and watched his movements, and after a long time, she asked in a soft voice, "Is it because... the wrist was slit?"

"That was one of the reasons," Tong Che's tone remained light, as if what he was saying had nothing to do with him, "Another was that I had been... beaten by my father with a stick on this wrist."

At that time, Tong Che was still young, and although he was later sent to the hospital for treatment, he fell ill in the end.

Coupled with his self-inflicted injuries later as a teenager with no regard for self, even if nothing really happened again, his nerves were inevitably injured.

Over time, it could no longer be completely repaired, and it became what it is now.

"Why did he..." asked Xiao Qi subconsciously.

But before the latter half of the sentence could be uttered, Tong Che interrupted her, obviously not prepared to chat about this in detail, but changed the subject and said, "You should be able to see that I have had many times when I didn't want to live, or at least hurt myself."

Xiao Qi nodded.

The scars on Tong Che's wrist were of varying shades, so many that she couldn't count how many there were at a glance.

Obviously, it wouldn't have been a single injury.

"Then what do you think," Tong Che's tone slowed down a little, and he could even be called gentle, "How do you think I'm doing now?"

Xiao Qi did not immediately answer, but quieted down and thought carefully about it.

Two years ago, not long after she arrived at the orphanage, she met Tong Che.

At that time, although Tong Che had not yet become popular, he was already working as a trainee, which was already a life that was quite out of reach for the children in the orphanage.

But Tong Che did not put on airs at all, and Xiao Qi slowly became acquainted with him.

However, last year, Tong Che suddenly became a big hit because of that ancient web drama. After he became popular, he came back to the orphanage for the first time, and many children were afraid to even go up and talk to him.

Which, of course, included Xiao Qi.

The big brother who would usually play with them, eat with them in the bad canteen, sneak in snacks for them, teach them to sing and dance, draw and do little crafts for them, and listen to their whispered little secrets, overnight became a big star, surrounded by thousands of fans, and all kinds of media equipment whenever he appeared.