9: Blackmail

Mika's POV

My hands tremble while holding the railing of the stairs. Every step I take, the faster my heartbeats are. After what they've told me about the girl, I started being cautious. I had no choice but to "obey" her. I sighed as I arrived. at the rooftop door which is an slightly opened. I took a deep breath and pushed the door.

Suddenly, I gasped a bucket fell on my head and a white liquid which seems to be milk, spilled all over me. Jake will kill me for sure. I thought since I was still wearing his jacket. I was as stiff as a statue. Then, a group of girls started laughing and walked my way.

"Hey boss, the plan worked!" A looked at her back girl shouted while giggling hard. I peeked at her back and saw their "boss", Minji.

Minji skipped and stopped in front of me whose drenched in milk. She lifted up my chin with her index finger and looked close to me. "A bitch like you deserves that." She smirked at me which I returned with an evil gaze.

"What's your problem Minji?" I shouted at her. "I didn't do anything wrong with you!", She scoffed. "Yes you do, you're just dumb." 2 girls approached me, locked my wrists and pinned me against the hard wall. The surface met my back and a loud thud was heard. I groaned at the pain and next thing that I heard was a slap. Minji slapped my right cheek and I quickly touched it.

"Why does a poor and ugly girl like you get close to my Jake! In case you don't know, I like Jake and he likes me. We are going to be official soon so don't even try getting close to him!"

I scoffed. "From what he said to me, he dislikes worms who leeches off him." I responded quickly. "I am just friends with them!" She rolled her eyes in disbelief. She proceeded to kick my stomach. I kneeled down because of the pain. I can't stand anymore.

Her minions then grabbed me by my hair and made me stand up again. She grabbed my head and slammed it into the hard cement wall. My feet gave up and I sat down, laying my back on the wall. My head was spinning and my sight become blurry. I saw Minji kneel and she grabbed my chin, making me look at her.

"Listen Mika, don't you ever get close to them again especially Jake! If you try getting to them again, i'll spread your sluttiness in this school! That way your reputation will be ruined and you'll have no chances for the scholarship! Every word I speak can spread in no time." She let go of my chin and stood up. She chuckled and dusted off her clothes.

"Let's go girls, we don't want us caught interacting with a trash like her." She gazed at me and smirked.
I barely saw them running out of the rooftop door, leaving me alone. My eyelids felt heavy as my head stirred through, making me dizzy.

Then, the door opened harshly, revealing a man. "MIKA!" I heard he screamed until I felt unconcious.

Heeseung's POV

I finished a schoolwork in the library. I stretched and decided to go to the rooftop for some fresh air.

I arrived at the door of the rooftop and opened it. There I saw Mika laying down the floor with eyes closed. "Mika!"

I ran to her and embraced her. I felt her being unconscious as I received no responses from the girl. I quickly got up and picked her up bridestyle.

I ran to the stairs and met Jake who is panting and out of breath.

Jake's POV

I was sitting on my motorbike, scrolling on my phone, waiting for Mika. 30 minutes passed and I started worrying. She said it will only be brief, what's taking her so long? I decided to go to her. Right, she's at the rooftop. I recalled her words.

I ran through the hallways. By the stairs, I saw Minji and her minions coming down. It seemd like they just went on the rooftop. "Hey babe." Minji then held my hand and caressed my arm seductively.

I quickly pushed off her hands. "Get off, i'm not your babe." She smirked and spoke, "Soon, baby" I just scoffed and ran past them.

I was at the last staircase when the rooftop door opened harshly, revealing Heeseung carrying Mika on his arms. I widened my eyes and approached him. "What happened to her???" I asked him worriedly while looking at the unconscious girl.

"Jake! Help me! Call the ambulance!" I nodded quickly and fished my pocket for my phone. I quickly dialed it and we proceeded running.

Timeskip

Heeseung's POV

Jake and I are currently sitting at the couch of Mika's room. We already brought her in the hospital and she was done getting welled up by the doctors. Mika was still unconcious as she was laying down on her bed.

Jake faced me. "Dude, what happened to her?" He asked me worriedly. "I was just planning to get some fresh air on the rooftop when I saw her unconcious on the floor, I didn't see anyone else there." I explained to Jake.

He then curled up his eyebrows, thinking hard. His face lightened up when he seemed to remember something. "I'm not sure, but I saw Minji and her minions running down when I was on my way to you both."

Minji. I grabbed his arm and looked at him. "Jake, it's possible they might have done this to her. They are the only one in that area."

"But why?" He frowned at me.

I sighed. "You know how Mika always hang out with us right?" He nodded at me.

"Remember Jake, I am Minji's ex and you are her crush. She might have done it out of jealousy."

He widened his eyes as he understood me. "Yeah, you're right. That bitch really is evil." He gazed at Mika as he said those words.

"She doesn't need to worry. I don't like her anymore. Well perhaps, you like Mika. Do you?"

Jake's POV

My heartbeat started to raise as Heeseung asked me the question I always ask to myself. Do I like her? Well she's pretty, kind, and has a good heart. I thought. Another part of my mind then butchered up.

Jake, that's exactly your type. You should get her. But another part of me says no. It's too early to determine my feelings.

Heeseung then lowly screamed at me. I snapped out of my thoughts as I realized I was already thinking for 1 minute. "W-what?"

"I was asking you, do you like her?"
My lips trembled as I think of my answer. "N-No, I don't like her."

He seemingly sighed at my answer out of relief.(?)

He then smiled at me and circled her arms on my shoulders. "Okay then, i'll get her for myself." He smirked at his own words.

For some reason, I frowned at his response. I felt bitter. I can't be jealous. I just faked smile at him.

"Well, wish you good luck bro" I just said. "Thanks." He fist bumped at me which I returned.

Little did they know, someone was eavesdropping on their conversation

-------
Please keep voting guys! I get more encouraged to keep going! Ily♡