45: Morning Fun

Mika's POV

I choked, hearing his voice.

Mrs. Sim?!

I wanted to punch him right in the face, not because of anger, but for making my heart jump up and down as if it wants to leave my body.

"What the f-" before I could finish my sentence, he already rolled up the window and started driving away.

Aish this boy.

As the lights of his car vanished in my sight, I started walking away, into the building.

Timeskip

It was the next week, another day for school. Great.

I entered the classroom and approached my seat. The teacher wasn't here yet and there were still students to arrive.

I saw Sunoo and I waved at him which he gladly returned.

"Hey girl! Or should I say.. prom queen?" He teased me.

"Stop it, Sunoo." I shook my head at him. Suddenly, he pointed at a certain direction. To my seat.

My eyes travelled to my desk which has a beige thing above it.

I squinted my eyes and went closer. My heart melted when I saw what is it.

It was a golden retriever plushie.

I sat on my desk and observed the stuffed toy.

It was holding a rolling paper in its hands. I grabbed it and untied the ribbon, unrolling it.

_________________________________________

For you, Mika. Congratulations for being the prom queen last party. You deserved it. You looked ineffable that night. Like my gift? If yes, just remind me. Oh, I didn't say who I am. If you know from the clue I am giving you, you'll know why I gave this to you.

-someone who looks like a golden retriever ♡
_________________________________________

As my eyes finished tracing the letter, I smiled in amusement as I knew who is he. I also recognize the hand writing.

I only know one golden retriever, him.

Trying to impress me huh?

One thing why I fell in love with Jake is how flirty he is. He doesn't fail to bring butterflies to any girl. I smiled of how full I am with his sweetness. I could already answer him now.

I glanced to his seat when I noticed he wasn't there. I asked Sunoo.

"Hey, has Jake arrived yet?" I asked.

"He went to the restroom just before you entered here. I don't know why he's taking so long." Sunoo explained.

Just then, the door opened, revealing a guy with a white jacket with hood on.

I knew it was him. Jake's eyes caught mine and I can see how his eyes smiled as well.

He went to his seat and faced me. "Good morning, Mika." He smiled at me.

"Good morning too, Mr. Sim." I said sternly.

"How's your weeke-" I cut him off.

"What did you say before running off the road that night?" I crossed my arms and looked at him sassily.

Jake's POV

"Uhm.."

I sealed my lips in embarrassment. I thought she already forgot that, I guess not.

"I said g-good night." I removed that thing.

"And?" She raised her eyebrows.

Gosh. I'm doomed.

"Okay, sorry. I didn't mean to call you that." I looked down in defeat.

"You had no rights to call me that, Mr. Sim. Why did you call me that?" She confronted me.

"I don't know uhh.." I raised my head and smiled.

"Practice for the future? I guess." I smirked.

"Yah!" She swinged her arms and placed her palm at my shoulder.

"Ouch, that hurts!" I groaned in pain as the contact was heard loudly.

"You're not even sure if I'll answer you!" She defended.

"My confidence says otherwise." I snapped back.

I'll definitely win him,seeing her tomato face right now? Tsk.

As the atmosphere calmed down, I noticed the plushie in her desk.

I smirked to see the paper undone. She read it already.

"Mika. What's that plushie?" I pointed my finger at it.

"Cut the crap, Jake. I know it's from you." She rolled her eyes.

"H-how do you know?" I asked in confusion.

I thought she would be clueless.

"Jake, you're the only one who looks like a golden retriever here. Bad clue." She clicked her tongue and laughed.

"And I know your handwriting." She added and chuckled.

"Oh. Haha." I scratched my nape in embarrassment.

"Well, did you like it?" I asked, changing the topic.

"No, not really. I'll just throw it away later." She teased me.

I frowned at her, pouting my lips.

"Ooh, this baby about to cry. You look so cute." She caressed my chin.

"You mean your baby?" I teased back. I won't back down Mika.

She glared at me and she grabbed my cheeks, pinching it really hard.

"Ah!" I retreated from her hold and caressed my stinging cheeks.

Just then, the door opened, revealing the other boys, except Heeseung.

I see how they were also looking at the both of us.

Mika's POV

It was already the middle of the first period, but Sullyoon and Heeseung were still not here yet.

Fishy.

The others were confused as well. They left that prom night even before its end.

Suddenly, a loud knock on the door was heard. It was continuous until the teacher spoke up, "Come in!"

The door slid open, revealing two figures out of breath and panting. It was Heeseung and Sullyoon, both hands intertwined.

"We are sorry sir, my motorbike wasn't operating and it was also traffic so we got late coming here." Heeseung said in between his heavy breaths.

"Care to explain that?" The teacher asked them.

"What, sir?" Sullyoon asked.

"Why are you guys holding hands?" He crossed his arms.

"Are you guys a couple or?" He added which made the room loud with teases.

The teacher seemed to notice the nervousness on both of their eyes.

"All right, just kidding. You may go to your se-"

"Yes." Heeseung interrupted the teacher.

"We are dating."