34: Drunk

Mika's POV

"What?"

My breath stopped. I halt my movements, like a statue, too surprised for his unexpected question.

Jake chuckled, "Do you like someone here Mika?" He repeated the question.

You. I like you, Jake. I whispered inside my head, but I just can't. I can't speak.

"Uhm.." I hesitated, Should I lie? Should I tell the truth? Endless questions circled my mind.

"N-no, I don't like anyone here." I sighed heavily after I answered.

Jake's POV

My heart broke. I looked down as her words rang in my ears repeatedly. So you don't like me.. too?

My other friends glanced at me as their eyes met with mine. They looked flustered. The floor suddenly turned cold and the mood went fade.

I couldn't respond. My lips were shaking and my breaths are trembling, absorbing her answer.

I felt hands on my back. It was Jay's hands patting it. I looked at him and he just comfortingly smile which I return.

"Okay, next player! Mika, pick a name." Sunoo broke the silence, trying to bring the happy atmosphere back.

"I have to go the bathroom." I excused myself and stood up.

I locked the door of the bathroom and I stood right in front of the mirror.

I stared at my own reflection and tilted my head. I look.. terrible.

My eyes are half opened, a curve in my mouth unable to be seen. I recalled Mika's words again.

"No, I don't like anyone here."

I rested my palms on the countertop, leaning my body in to support myself.

"Relax, Jake."

"You still have time."

"To impress her,"

"To make her feel what you feel for her."

"She's just bluffing."

"I know she's not telling the truth."

"Don't take this seriously."

I confronted myself with my own reflection on the wall, holding the situation back.

I released my arms and bowed my head down, opening the faucet. I washed my face to freshen up. I wanted to release this feeling first for the meantime.

I sighed, wiping my face with a dry towel. I closed the lights and opened the door.

There I see Heeseung standing right outside the bathroom.

"Bro, you okay?" He worriedly looked at me.

I just nodded and smiled at him. "Come on, let's go back." He placed his arms in my shoulders and we proceeded to go back.

We are now continuing the game and Mika keeps getting picked.

"Have you stolen?"

"Did you already fall in love?"

"Did you have your first kiss yet?"

"Who's your type?"

Timeskip

The guys keep asking Mika questions. But Mika, in all of the askings, decided to take the penalty and just drank shot by shot.

I can see her cheeks getting red and she started to act a little tipsy.

She already drank more than 6 shots and I can tell she definitely has low alcohol tolerance.

"Guys, let's stop now, Mika's drunk." I spoke up.

"No, I'm still alive, look, I can still drink-" She whined and raised the bottle, trying to drink it but I quickly grabbed her wrist and stopped her.
She's definitely drunk.

"No, come on Mika. Let's go to your room." I started cleaning the things in that is in her way.

"Why Jake? Do you have any plans to me?" She sassily asked me.

"What? No!" I defended myself.

"You naughty boy." She stated, smirking at me.

The group bursted into laughter. I looked at them and scoffed.

"Get that girl up, she's so wasted." Jay said and chuckled after.

I attempted to piggyback her but she's not cooperating. I clicked my tongue. I had no choice.

I carried her bride-style.

I stood up once I successfully secured her in my arms until Jay called me.

"Hey Jake, change her clothes and let her sleep. Just don't do any silly things okay?" He emphasized the last sentence.

I just scoffed and frowned at them, proceeding to walk. This guy got some nerves.

I carefully walked up the stairs and into her room. My arm gave up and I just launched her into her bed.

"You're heavy." I caressed my hurting arms.

She just closed her eyes and just slept. I see her clothes folded at the table near the bed.

Here goes nothin. I started undressing her clothes. Good thing it wasn't hard to take off.

I had man respect. One hand is covering my eyes while I carefully touch her body. It sure is awkward.

I sighed heavily as I successfully clothed her in comfortable clothes.

I sat on the bed and had time to breath back. As I breathed heavily, I felt fingers tapping my arm.

I look back to see Mika, half concious.

"Hey, who are you?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Jake." I simply responded.

"You have the same name with someone I know." She acted like thinking.

"Who is it?" I started to talk to her.

"He is my crush, but I don't think he likes me too. He's a cutie with the most beautiful smile and he comforts me the best." She smiled while her eyes are closed.

A saying lingered in my mind. Doesn't drunk people most likely tell the truth?

I just chuckled and stood up. "Go to sleep, Mika." I was about to walk away when a pair of hands circled my wrist.

I looked back. "No, don't go. Sleep with me." She pouted. Cute.

Of course, only for you.

I opened the blankets and laid down next to her. I laid my head and we are looking at each other.

Suddenly, she slowly opened one of her eye and peaked at my face. She closed it and smiled.

"You're handsome too, maybe I should just forget him and be with you instead." She caressed my cheeks.

Yes, do that. After all, I like you too.

"You're pretty too. You know I also have a crush but she doesn't seem to notice it."

"Whoever that girl is, is such a fool. I'm definitely better than her." She shook her head.

Cute. She doesn't know I'm talking about her. I chuckled and caressed her hair.

"Go to sleep now. I'll be here." I stated.

"Only if you cuddle with me." She pouted.

I giggled and adjusted myself closer to her. I circled my arms in her figure and she buried her head in my chest.

"Goodnight my prince."

I gazed at her face for one last time. I hesitantly went near her.

"Goodnight my princess." I whispered.

I kissed her forehead.

I smiled and went to sleep, hugging her tightly.