51: Planting

Jake's POV

I groaned as I took the last bite of my lunch. "That's delicious." We had samgyetang and budae jjigae for our meal. I wiped down the sides of my lips with a napkin as I stood up my chair.

I saw that everyone else was finishing up their meal as well. "Now that we are all full and energized, please go to your tents and we've put some mud gears in there. Wear clothes that are suitable for planting and we'll call you shortly. Thank you." The teacher said.

"Let's go Jakey!" Heeseung, who suddenly appeared beside me, pulled my arm to go to our tent.

"There is it." Heeseung pointed the things laid outside our tent. Boots, hat, gloves, waterproof pants and a hand shovel.

"I'll go first." I said, taking the gears and entering the tent.

"Eh, waste of time. Let's just change together, we're both boys anyways."
Heeseung stopped me from closing the tent, entering the shelter as well.

Ok?

Mika's POV

I looked to my body and frowned.

"I look.....stupid." I whined.

"What do you mean? You look adorable! Well, the gears are a bit big for you but that makes it cuter!" Sullyoon chuckled.

"Plus, you don't really have a choice. Either you wear that or you'll ruin your precious clothes." She added.

I just sighed heavily, accepting it.

Just then, we heard the megaphone go off. "It's time to go. Please proceed here at the field." The voice echoed but enough for us to understand.

"I'm excited!" Sullyoon said, closing the tent.

"I'm not. I look like a 3 year old kid." I pouted which Sullyoon just giggled to.

"You look funny." Jake said, laughing at my figure. We are here on the bus again as we are about to go on the planting site.

"You don't have the rights to insult me, Mr. Sim." I glared at him.

"Sorry Ma'am...... Sim." Jake whispered the last part but I still managed to hear it.

"I heard that. I'm not your mother." I rolled my eyes.

"You're not. Cause you're my baby." He defended.

Shut the front door.

"W-wait. Aren't we not in good terms?" I said.

"No. But I know you can't resist me." I looked at Jake and he winked at me.

"In your dreams."

A couple of minutes later, the bus stopped, meaning that we already arrived. We all went off the bus and observed the area.

"Oh." I see a large field filled with wilted and dead crops.

"As you can see, the crops are hardly damaged by the typhoon. The people here are devastated since their hard work were wasted. We are here to help them and experience their exhausting jobs. What we will do is replaced those crops row by row, and plant new ones. Are you guys up for the challenge?"

The students agreed in sync.

"Group yourselves into ten and we will be assigning you to the square sections of the field." The boys immediately came to us. "Let's all be team!" Sunoo said.

Soon, we were stepping on soil, ready to plant the crops in our hands.

"Just take out the roots of the existing crop, and replace it with a new one. You may start." The teacher briefly explained to us.

I bended down to a dead crop. I grabbed it and pulled it out of the soil. Next, I gently handled the new crop unto the hole and tucked it with some soil using my hands.

"Just like that." I clapped both of my gloves, brushing the soil off.

I see the others doing their own work as well and the two love birds flirting, again.

"Ms. Sullyoon and Mr. Heeseung. No flirting in the field." We heard the teacher from the other side which made us laugh.

As I was moving myself to the next one, I was met by Jake's figure. "They're so sweet." He said. "When can I experience that?" He said while nodding and leaning his chin to his fist, sarcastically thinking.

"Probably not today, and the next couple of years. Until you pretty much, die." I replied.

He just shook his head, rolling his eyes. Cutie

Jake's POV

Glad she's talking to me again. All I need to do was to flirt with her. Really Mika?

Soon, we finished our work. Sunghoon groaned as he stretches his back. "My back hurts so bad." Sunoo frowned, arching his back.

"Ouch." I heard beside me. I looked down to see Mika caressing his feet while sitting on the mud. I rushed to her and held her feet. "What happened?" I worriedly asked.

"I tripped, and hurt my ankle." She said.

"Are you okay, Mika noona?" Ni-ki along the others approachred us.

"I'm fine. My ankle just twisted." She explained.

"Let's clean your pants, you're dirty." I said, helping her stand up.

"Is there a water pump here?" I asked the teacher.

"Behind those trees at the back, there's one." I nodded in response.

"But, Jake. My feet hurts." She leaned her body to me.

"Here." I lowered and bended myself. "I'll carry you." I signaled her to go to my back.

She jumped and I successfully catched her to my back.

I held her thighs from the back and I started walking.

"Be careful Jake." She tapped my shoulder.

We were about to walk to a very muddy path. I started walking, taking careful for every step he makes.

As we were in the middle, I felt something strange.

I stepped on a deeper ground, making me lose my balance.

Shit.

"Jake!" I heard Mika scream.

We fell down, all soaked with the mud.

I looked beside me and see Mika with her red eyes glaring at me.

"Ya! I will kill you!" She exclaimed.

Oops.