60: Interrogation

Continuation of Flashback

Jake's POV

"Mika?" I see my father frowning as he heard the name of my girlfriend.

"Yes. Lee Mika." I replied, completing the name. As I finished my sentence, he exhaled and put his hands on his chest.

"Why? Is there something wrong dad?" I asked him worriedly.

"N-nothing, son. I just had a bit of vertigo." He said.

"Dad. Come sit in the couch, let me get you some water." I guided him at the couch and I went to the kitchen to get water.

I came back with a cup of water in my hands. "Here, dad." He gladly took it and had a sip of it.

As soon as things calmed down, he told me to sit beside him.

"Son." He called me.

"Yes dad?" I replied.

"I wanna know more." He said.

"About what?" I asked him.

"About your girlfriend. Mika." Oh. Her haha.

"Uhm okay, ask away." I chuckled.

"When did you meet?" He asked me.

Suddenly, my mother came and joined us at the couch.

"Yeah, and how did you meet?" She added, sitting down next to me.

"Uhm..The first day of school. She's a transferee in our school and we happened to be classmates." I answered.

"You must have fallen in love that very day hm?" My mother teased me.

"Actually." I laughed. "I hated her at the start. I didn't want to talk to her nor interact with her." I said, smiling.

My parents laughed at the statement. "Well I guess, love founds a way." My father said.

"What made you like her, son?" Mom asked me.

"You still remember when I became different since brother died. I was like that until she came into my life. She's pretty. Has good figure. Very smart. And most importantly, has a good heart. I also adore how strong she is, given she was bullied and she's surviving alone." I said.

"Surviving alone? What do you mean?" My mother asked, confused.

"She doesn't have a family. Her mother died and her father, I forgot. I think he left them? Or died too? I'm not sure."

"Aww, poor her." My mother looked down.

"Junseo? Are you okay?" My mother called my father's name, making me look at him.

My dad looked very nervous. "I'm fine. I'll go to the bathroom." He excused himself.

As soon as he left our sight, I spoke up to my mom. "Eomma, dad's very odd today. I think he's sick." I said.

"I also noticed too. That's why I came here." She also said, worried.

"Okay, I'll see if I can help him. You can go for now." She added, leaving the room.

End of flashback

"And actually, I already told them about us." I said, looking at Mika while laying down next to her.

"You did what?!" She widen her eyes.

"They already know I have a girlfriend, love." I added.

"Why did you tell them so fast?" She whined. "I mean, I'm living here. I can't lie to them on who you are." I explained.

"Okay. Did they object anything about our relationship?" Mika asked me.

"None. In fact, they already want to meet you, love." I see her frowning her face as she heard me.

"Meet?! That fast?! Love we're only dating for less than a week!" Mika said in disbelief.

I laughed at her, "on the bright side, we will be legal. You don't want that?"

"Of course, I want that." She answered. "I'm just don't think I'm ready yet. I'm scared."

I pulled her closer to me.

"Love, don't be scared."

"I already told them about you and I can see they also fell in love with you. What more when they meet you personally hm?" I caressed her hair.

"But, I can tell them that you're not ready yet so you won't feel pressured." I added.

"No! No. I'm going. It's embarrassing to refuse. Your dad's also accomodating my scholarship so who am I to turn it down." She said.

"Okay, then. Are you excited to meet your parents in law?" I teased her.

"Yaa! You're too advanced, love. But yeah, I'm excited to have parents again, hopefully." She smiled.

"It's late already. Let's sleep now, love." I said, turning off the lights.

We positioned ourselves inside our shared blanket.

"Ooh, this feels much more cozier. I'll definitely be sleeping well." I said, smiling.

"Of course, you have me beside you." Mika chuckled.

"Yeah, this is much better than my bed at home." I laughed as well.

"Goodnight love." I caressed her cheeks.

"Goodnight too, love." Mika returned it.

"I love you." She added.

"I love you more." I leaned to her and kissed her forehead.

I slid my arm under her neck, making me her pillow. We embraced each other, closing our eyes until we went to our own slumber.

Timeskip

Mika's POV

It's the morning and I was shocked, waking up at the edge of the bed, with no blanket.

I looked beside me and there was him, looking like a burrito, taking the whole blanket.

"I'm not sleeping with you again."

I hit his face with a pillow, and pushed him out of the bed.

*thump

"OUCH!" I heard him groan in pain.

Deserve.

_____________________________

Thank you so much for 200 votes and almost 3k readers! I appreciate you guys so much!

I want to apologize for being inconsistent for publishing chapters. I know you noticed I'm much slower now compared in the past. Things have been really stressful at school and most of the time I'm tired at the end of the day so I always lose energy to write. But, yeah! I'm trying really hard to take every bit of time to write. Hopefully, I can finish this story before the year ends.

Question, what do you guys think of my story so far? Is it getting boring? Or getting more interesting? I wanna know:))