54: Bathroom Break

Mika's POV

I woke up by muffled talking and walking outside our tent.

I opened my eyes and was met by the sunlight shining my face through the tent. My eyes were irritated by the light and I was about to cover my eyes with my hand but, It felt locked.

I nodged my arm for a second time, and I felt something was circling it, unable to move.

I squinched my eyes and looked beside me. It was him.

Jake is laying down facing me, hugging my arm, locking it. How cute.

I smiled at the sight. He looks like a baby when sleeping. I tried to lift up my arm but he suddenly moved.

He let go of my arm, but the next second, he gripped on my arm tighter, embracing it like there's no tomorrow.

"D-don't... leave....me." He spoke up in his morning voice while eyes are still shut.
"
I chuckled at his actions. "Jakey, it's morning. Time to wake up."

He whined, "No, I wanna stay here with you." He pouted.

"Did you eat something odd yesterday? You're so weird." I giggled.

He looks so tough and cold but deep inside, he's a soft boy who whines until he gets what he want.

"I just love you. That's why." He smiled, opening his eyes.

I scoffed, "Stop flirting, we're not a couple."  I managed to break his grip from my arms.

"Get up now, Jake. We still have some activities to do." I said, standing up.

As an agenda for today, we will be going to a specific place where there are people who are at an evacuation center. We will be in charge of distributing the aid and goods to the evacuees.

Timeskip

I stepped out of the bus, being welcomed by a crowded noise. I was wearing a white off shoulder with a pastel blue skirt. We arrived at the evacuation center where there are a lot of shelter made from just blankets and towels.

I travelled my eyes and also saw some kids and families sleeping on the floor, with only boxes and blankets to support them as their bed. I felt pity and sad, knowing they loss their comfort and happiness.

My mother always taught me to be grateful and contented on the things I have. I have always been carrying her words since she died. Her death was a big loss for me, and I've regretted once why I didn't show much of my gratitude to her.

Jake then nodged my shoulder and stood beside me. "Are you okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I assured him with a smile.

He was wearing a white polo shirt with blue jeans. Matching outfits.

Just then, our teacher started announcing our roles and where we should position in the distributing stalls.

Jake and I were assigned in distributing some food package. The people started lining up in front of all the tables, waiting for the free needs.

The line started moving, the first person approached our table.

"Here you go sir."  Jake grabbed the 1st bag package and gave it to the man.

"Thank you." The man showed his gratitude after and left. We gave the bags person by person with a little bit of message of course.

The last one showed up. It was a boy with his grandmother.

I grabbed a bag and gave it to the little boy. "You are so pretty noona. Can I have you as well?" The boy said.

We giggled at his statement. Jake approached the kid, "sorry baby but noona here, is already mine." He said as he winked at me and quickly looked at the kid again.

Mf-

"Aww." The boy pouted and left the stall.

The grandmother then stepped up. "Sweet lovers here." She said, referring to us.

"Oh, haha." I chuckled. "We aren't a couple." I said.

"But, didn't this handsome man said that you're his?" The grandmother asked in confusion.

"He's just.. playful. He's my suitor." I smiled at her.

I see Jake scratching his nape in embarrassment.

"Oh, I see. Well guess what.... you guys look good together." The grandmother said.

We just laughed, awkwardly laughed.

"Thank you for this. God bless you both." She retreated and left the line.

"Ya." I hit his arm. "Why did you say that to the kid?" I looked at him and he bursted into laughter.

"I'm just marking what's mine." He held my hand.

I frowned at him, releasing his grip.

HSHSGSBDHDJSUEN

"I'll go to the bathroom." I said.

"Okay." He said and I left.

15 minutes later.

Jake's POV

I checked my wristwatch and I tilted my head. "Why is she taking so long?"

I looked and saw the teacher just near.

I ran to the teacher and tapped him. "Excuse me sir, do you know where the bathrooms are?"

"Oh, just go behind that building over there." He pointed to the direction.

I nodded and I sped up my pace to the bathroom.

When I was about to take a turn beside the building, the teacher shouted.

"Jake!" He called me from afar.

As he got my attention, he continued shouting.

"Just be careful. There's a ravine next to the bathroom!" He shouted.

Wait, ravine?

Just then, I heard something from the opposite direction.

"Help!"