41: Kiss

Mika's POV

My body freezed. I was flustered of his words. I raised my eyebrows and widen my eyes as I respond.

"W-what?" I stuttered. I can't seem to process what is happening right now.

"I said... I like you." Jake muttered again.

For the second time, I felt my body tighting up, heating up. My lips were shaking as I am shocked of his statement.

He likes me? I thought..

I thought he would never like me.  I felt sparks in my heart. I can't believe this is happening.

So my crush... likes me too?

"H-how?" I suddenly asked. I didn't know what to say anymore.

"I- I thought you and Sullyoon were.." Jake suddenly chuckled.

"That's only staged Mika. I planned it."
He stated. Huh?

"B-but why?" I confusingly asked.

"I just wanted to see if you're going to be jealous." He fluttered his eyebrows.

This boy has nerves.

I scoffed in response. "I can see your jelly, so that means...." He giggled.

"Cut the shit, Jake." I pouted.

We started swaying again. The romantic lights really sets the mood in here.

We both looked at each other and started dancing slowly again.

"You know, when you first entered the school, I hated you." He chuckled, "I still remember when you tried to wake me up." He added.

"Yeah you were Mr. Grumpy that time. It was lunch time already." I giggled.

"Okay listen, I didn't sleep the night before that, okay? I needed to nap." He explained.

"I didn't deserve that attitude though." I defended.

"I'm sorry." He scratched his nape in embarrassment.

"That's fine, we became friends after that." I patted his shoulders.

He was like a treasure that made my life fun. I would have regretted it if I didn't approach him that day.

"You know what Mika?" He spoke up.

I stopped my thoughts and nodded in response.

"When I started to get to know you, I felt interested. You were a girl that has the opposite life of what I have. I somehow, wanted to help you. I don't know. I don't know why but I felt the urge to protect you. I felt responsible. As time goes by, my smiles expands because of you. You never fail to impress me. That's when ai knew I liked you. You are beautiful inside and outside. And that is who I want. Who I need. Mika, I do like you. I am not kidding." He spoke with a mellow and sincere voice.

My heart melted. I felt my body overflowing with happiness.

Heeseung's POV

We successfully switched partners. Jake and Mika looked perfect together.

Mika's right, we shouldn't keep our feelings so we won't regret it at the end. Even if you win or fail, either way, the important thing is that you tried. That way, you can leave that behind and continue your life.

And I am grateful for her. Why?

She made me open my heart for another girl. A girl who can heal my heart.

And she's the girl in front of me.

"Hee? Why are you staring at me?" Sullyoon asked me.

"Oh, Sorry. You're mesmerizing, I can't help it." I chuckled after.