50: First Duties

Jake's POV

Phew.

Hearing her gratitude made me feel a lot looser. It made me sigh in relief as I know I lessened her anger fot me.

"Will you talk to me now?" I asked Mika.

I looked at her, anticipating her response. "Maybe?"

Well, on the bright side, maybe is better than no.

"Come on Mika!" Sullyoon exclaimed who is already at the steps of the bus.

Mika stood up and walked passed me. "See you." She said and left the bus. I just stood up as well and arranged my things.

The mud splashed as I stepped out of the bus and was met by the blue yet gloomy sky. I wore my sunglasses, walking towards the other guys.

"Oh, hey Jake." Jay gave me a high five.

"Sunghoon-shii, how's sitting next to the teacher hm?" I teased Sunghoon, who's looking as free as ever.

"God, you don't know how uncomfortable I was. All the thing I did was literally looked at the window." Sunghoon scoffed, biting his lips.

The boys laughed. "It's so ugly. You're so bad at taking pictures, Ni-ki." Sunoo frowned.

"You're the one who's ugly." Ni-ki defended and ran off which Sunoo chased after. "Yahh! You're disrespecting your hyung!"

I travelled my eyes on  the bits of Gyeonggi-do. It was all bright, yet the provincial houses and agriculture fields were all broken and damaged. It looked dull.

We are all here at an open field with the teacher in front of us.

I looked beside me, hearing Jungwon groan. "It's so hot." Jungwon fanned himself with his hand. "You're sweating." Jay held up a towel and wiped the sweats off Jungwon's face.

Uhmm...okay?

"Listen up everybody!" The teacher hushed the crowd.

"We arrived here at Gyeonggi-do. What we are going to do first is to settle our tents and next, we'll have our lunch time. Then, we will go to the rice agriculture and we will all be helping plant some crops to regain the development which was interrupted by the typhoon. Just be careful since there is a cliff right down here and it's quite slippery because of the mud so let's all be careful. Understood?"

"Yes." The crowd responded in sync as the teachers guided us on where our tents will be.

"Here's our tent tools, the tents will be in two's. I'll be reciting all the tentmates and they will also be the one to build their own tent."

The teacher started flipping pages on his board, reciting the partners.

"Yang Jungwon and Park Jay."

"Oh, this one's in three. Park Sunghoon, Nishimura Riki and Kim Sunoo."

"YAAAA" Sunoo screamed in agony. "I'd rather die than sleep with these 2." Sunoo pouted.

"Then sleep outside. Let's go Ni-ki." Sunghoon smirked, leaving along with the younger.

"Aish. Life." Sunoo sighed in defeat and followed the two.

"Next, Lee Heeseung and Sim Jake." Not Mika? Oh well.

Mika's POV

Fuck yes. I won't be able to survive if I sleep with him again.

"Sullyoon and Mika." The teacher announced. Thank God.

"Mika!" Sullyoon exclaimed, hugging me. "Come on!" She pulled me to the location.

"Poles, tents, hooks, whatever those are. Sullyoon, are you ready?" I placed my hands on my hips.

Sullyoon tied up her hair. "Ready."

"Get those things."

"It's not upright, Mika."

"Yes it is."

"Then let's sleep upside down."

"Grab that pole."

"Reach it!"

"Close that."

"I'm tired."

We are almost finish and what we have to do left is put the anchor on the soil so the tent will stay in its place.

"Wait, Mika. I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back." Sullyoon ran off.

I sighed, bending down. I reached for the steel anchor and I placed it on the grass.

"Here goes nothing." I sticked its end on the soil and pushed it as hard as I can. I groaned, hurting my palms as I try to make it dig down the ground.

I stopped for a second and wiped my sweat as I catch my breath. "You really need a man, Mika." I talked to myself, thinking how weak I was as the anchor was only an inch deep through the soil.

Just then, I saw a shadow on the ground, approaching behind me. "Need a hand?"
He spoke up. Him and his voice.

"No." I leaned in again and tried to push the anchor with both my hands.

"You're not doing it right. Here, let me help." Jake bended down beside me and grabbed the anchor, still my hands on them.

"Stick them on in a slant angle, Mika. He used his hands to push the anchor down as his veins started popping out.

He groaned as he succesfully pushed it through. "There." He stood up and walked to the other corners to push the anchors down and finish the business.

"Don't you have your own tents to build as well?" I asked him.

"Heeseung and I finished it already." Ohh. It's just us who were slow.

He approached me as he finished all the sides. "Call me if you need help." He patted my head and walked pass me.

The contact made my legs weak. Am I his dog to be patted on the head?

Sullyoon then arrived and looked confused.

"Who the fuck finished this?" Sullyoon asked me.

"Me." Yes, I did it.

Sullyoon looked at me suspiciously.
"I refused to believe that."

"Fine. Jake did. I didn't have enough strength to push the anchor in." I admitted.

"You know there's a hammer, right?" Sullyoon raised the hammer.

WHAT.

"There's a freaking hammer?!" I looked at the hammer angrily.

"Mhm-hm." Sullyoon nodded her head.

I sighed heavily, dropping down to the ground. "My precious hands." I pouted, caressing my red hands.

"LUNCH TIME!"