42: Fireflies

Sullyoon's POV

"Let's be together." Heeseung stated.

He suddenly grabbed my hands and pulled me. We ran together, out of the door.

"Heeseung! Slow down!" I managed to speak, we were running by the night streets.

"Where are we going?" I successfully managed to stop him from running.

"Just come with me, it's nearby."

I nodded and proceeded running again. Great.

A couple of minutes passed and we arrived at a dark road with a forest beside it.

"Hey, it's too dark here, Heeseung. I don't like it." We were walking along the road as we were catching our breathes.

"You'll see." Heeseung stated and intertwined our fingers together.

We went off the road and into the grass. Then, we arrived in front of a very big tree. "Are you ready?" Heeseung asked me.

"I guess." I shrugged my shoulders.

He walked beside the tree and went to the opposite side, I trailed and followed him.

As I glance from the ground, the surrounding suddenly looked subtly brighter.

I raised my chin up to see the source of light. I widen my eyes in amusement. It has hundreds of flying glitters sparkling like the stars.

Fireflies.

"Wow, fireflies!" I exclaimed.

Heeseung's POV

I look in her eyes to see it sparkling, reflecting the light of the fireflies.

She looked ethereal.

"How did you know I like fireflies Hee?" She excitedly asked me.

I stalked some of Sullyoon's social media posts and I saw how she admires fireflies. Therefore, I researched for some places where we can witness some.

And I definitely found the perfect spot.

Perfect spot.

Romantic.

Dark.

Perfect mood.

And a perfect time.

To confess.

As she was still staring at the insects, I rummaged my pockets to grab something. I bought her a gift.

I sighed heavily and called her. "Sullyoon-ah."

"Yes?" She was still distracted as she wasn't looking at me.

"Are you having fun right now?" I smiled at her.

"Of course! I don't wanna leave here!" She exclaimed.

"I have something to give you." I said.

She looked at me and raised her eyebrows, smiling. Butterflies, again.

"Here." I placed in my palm a tiny white box with gold ribbon tied around it.

"Woah." She grabbed the box and slowly untied the ribbon.

She succesfully untangle it and the last thing she needs to do is to lift up the lid.

I became more nervous and my hands started to get sweaty.

She lifted it up, and I see glows in her eyes. "Wow! A firefly pendant necklace!" She grabbed the gold accessory and disregarded the box.

She grabbed the lock of it and circled it around her neck, trying to wear it on.