16: Rejection

Mika's POV

Two weeks has passed. I got used to not showing any interest on any of the guys. It looks easy. But deep inside, I miss them so much. Especially the guy who said he didn't like me. I still have a grudge on that but I already accepted it.

I thought I've changed. I thought I was a happy and bright girl again. But history really repeats itself. The world doesn't want me to be happy.

I'm currently waiting for the teacher to arrive the classroom, I'm just watching every student walked the road in the windows. I sigh as I envy their bright smiles. How I wish I can do that.

My thoughts are interrupted as the teacher entered the doors. I brushed my position as he walked to the front of the podium.

"Good morning class, so as I've said last week, we'll have a project." I sigh as it was going to be a great hassle again.

"But I changed my thoughts. It will be hard if it is an individual project." I furrowed my eyebrows at his words.

"I've come to the conclusion that we will do this project in Partners."

I widened my eyes as a bunch of thoughts ran through my head as to what could happen. Except him. Please.

The class asked if they can choose their own partners. It was nonstop which made the teacher irritated. I also prayed I could pick my own partner. "Quiet! You have no choice since I will be the one to decide who will be the partners."

Only the air conditioner was whirring the atmosphere as the teacher started stating the partners. Some cheered with their partner, while some- not really.

It was almost the end but my name wasn't called yet. "We only have four names yet, Let's see."

"Sim Jake." I saw him raising his hands up.

"And." Not me please. Please. God. Please.

"Lee Mika." What the hell!

I gasped as I look over him to see him smirking? Thefucc?

I was halted when the teacher spoke again. "Oh wait no sorry, Sim Jake is partnered with Choi Minji." I was happy it was wrong, but my blood somewhat ran backwards. I hated it.

"And you Lee Mika." He pointed at me. "Will be partnered with Lee Heeseung."

I see Minji giggling in relief. I glanced at the back and my eyes was met by Heeseung's. He smiled at me and I just looked back.

Timeskip

I opened the door of my apartment as the class was over. "Just sit there, I'll grab my laptop in my room." I pointed at the couch. Heeseung entered my apartment as well. We decided to do the project here instead. I don't really know why but at least it's safer.

We are now sitting on the floor, across each other on the center table of the living room. Each one of us not wanting to start.

"Heeseung, do you have an idea for a topic?" I asked while flipping the pages of my book, not wanting to make eye contact with him.

"Uh- n-no, but I'll find some." I can hear his uncomfy speaking. I understand it. We are not in good terms. And we didn't talk about it yet.

The thin air started to behave again. It was really awkward. I can't focus. And I know he feels the same way. I was about to speak up when Heeseung spoke up.

"I'm sorry." I didn't expect that. The air turned colder, toes shivering in panic. I didn't know what to react.

"I'll just get something to d-drink" I stood up, preparing my way to the kitchen but then, I felt a pair of hands circling my wrist, stopping my steps. I looked back to him and I see him looking at me seriously.

"No, Mika. We need to talk." He guided me to the couch and we both sat down. Our bodies are facing each other but our eyes are straight on the cold floor.

"I'm sincerely apologizing. It wasn't my intention to do that. I just thought Jake was harassing you, especially because I heard you scream. But I also have something to say."

I looked at him in the eyes, waiting for him to continue.

"I might have said it before but, I do like you. I do really like you Mika."

A tear escaped my eyes as I heard his words. He does like me. What will I do?

"Since the day I saw you, I was already mesmerized. I don't care about your flaws. I truly like you. No. I love you."

"What do you say about it? Do I have a c-chance?" Heeseung stared at me with his puppy eyes, expecting my answer.

I was breathing heavily. My mind was too full. I can't think. I don't know what to do. I held both of his hands, laying on his thighs. I caressed the back of his palm and sniffed my nose.

"Heeseung."

"You are a good guy."

"You truly are. I'm not kidding."

"But I'm afraid I can't-"

"I can't return your feelings."

"It's too fast."

"And I think we are much better if we stay as friends."

"I'm really sorry but-"

"I think my heart belongs to someone else."

He bursted out his tears. I quickly rose over and hugged him tightly. I also cried. I didn't know how to reject someone, but I really tried to reject in a good way.

I gave him water. And just stared at the air. Soon, the atmosphere went calmer. I looked over to him to see him with red eyes.

"Heeseung?"

"Yes?" He wiped his tears.

"Can we do our project in another day? We can't work right now."

He just nodded and stood up the couch.

"But hey, I do accept your apology." I smiled at him.

He returned the smile and proceeded to walk to the door. But then, he looked back to me.

Heeseung's POV

I glanced back at her before twisting the doorknob. I was curious in one thing.

"Mika?" She raised her eyebrows. "May I know who's that Someone Else?"

I already know who it is, but I need a reassurance.

"Um."
"It's Jake." She said to me.

I just smiled at her and bid my farewell.

Her words are like knives in my heart.

It hurts.

It's painful.

But I need to accept it.

You're such a baby Heeseung.

You shouldn't have raise your expectation.

Look who's hurt now.

Just as I walked the sidewalk, the rain started pouring heavily. I didn't have any umbrella with me. I feel the rain drops in my body as I started to get wet.

The world really knows its timing.

I walked and walked, not minding my soggy body. Raindrops and teardrops mixing in my face. I looked up. I smiled at the thought of my situation.

I sat down, and cried hard. Sobbing, and even throwing random things. Just then, I felt no raindrop left on top of me. Out of confusion, I glanced beside me and saw a shadow on top of me.

It was a brown-haired girl in a white flowy dress, holding an umbrella above me. She showed his palms in my face.

"Need help?" I looked at her face again. She's smiling so brightly. I looked at her body and saw a name tag sticked on her dress.

I blinked my eyes as I read her name.

___________

Cliffhanger for today's video. I'm still thinking who might the girl be. But I think she's a jyp idol whose birthday is January 26, 2004. If you know, you know! But she'll be revealed in the next chapters. Please vote for my story! Ily♡