13: Locked Door

Mika's POV

I heard a man shout at Jake, "What are you trying to do with Mika?!"

I turned around and saw Jake in the floor, holding his lips. I traced the feet I saw beside him and saw Heeseung.
I gasped at the sight in front of me.

Heeseung then kneeled and grabbed Jake's shoulders harshly.

I then, ran and pushed Heeseung's chest. "Heeseung! Stop! It's not what you think it is!" I screamed.

"What do you mean Mika? He's naked in your apartment and you even screamed!" He proceeded to Jake again. "What a pervert! what's in your mind-"

"Heeseung stop! He just spilled his drink on his shirt!" I interrupted him.

"Then why did you scream?" He shooted back.

"I- I just saw his naked body, that's all." I looked away from a little embarrassment.

"What are you even doing here Jake?" Heeseung asked him, dumbfounded.

"I was just taking care of her. Nothing else."

Heeseung then pinned him against the wall, escelating the atmosphere again.

"You know I like her right? Why are you being like this?? I thought you supported me." He said to him. "Tell me, do you like her also?"

Jake's POV

I was caught offguard of his question. Mika was standing right in front of us, standing still. Tearing up. I didn't know what to answer.

"N-no I don't like her. I was just. Concerned."

Mika's POV

I gasped as Heeseung pinned him on the wall, until he spoke.

He likes me?

I was shocked at his statements about me. Then he asked Jake.

"Do you like her also?"

I looked at Jake and our eyes met. I saw his eyes shivering and how incosistent his breathing is. I didn't know why but I was expecting his answer. Does he like me? I had hopes on him. I anticipated that he liked me.

Why? Maybe because I feel the same way?

My thoughts were interrupted when Jake answered.

"No I don't like her. I was just concerned."

My heart shattered in pieces as I heard his answer.

I thought. I thought he liked me too. And I feel like I like him too. What a fool you are, Mika.

I can't take it anymore as I burst into tears. I used my palms to cover my face.

Heeseung's POV

I looked back to see Mika beside us, crying her eyes out. "Mika?" Jake and I spoke in sync. We started walking towards her.

"Don't touch me. I don't want to see you guys anymore."

"Minji told me to stay away from you. So just please. Leave."

Mika pointed at the door. Jake and I looked at each other in disbelief and defeat.

We headed to the door and got out ad to not escalate the situation anymore.

As we were outside her door, she ran and pushed the door, sealing her apartment closed. The locks clicked as she locked the door.

Mika's POV

I locked the door and sat on the floor, leaning towards it. I cried and cried for a long time, I covered my mouth as it won't be loud.

Then I heard a conversation on the other side of the door.

"Your punch hurts."

"I'm sorry bro. I shouldn't have judged first."

"But dude, you should have called me so I'm the one who can take care of her."

"It's cold."

"Oh here, wear my jacket first."

It's Jake and Heeseung conversing. I didn't realize Jake was still shirtless when I had them leave. I kinda feel guilty but not really.

"But hyung, have you heard of what she told us before leaving?"

I waited for them to continue but then, their voice started fading out. It seems like they already left.

I got up and looked around. The food. Our dinner. I sat down on the chair and raised my spoon.

It's cold now. Too bad. I didn't have any apetitte to eat anymore after what happened.

I jumped on my bed and started to position myself. My head started to hurt again. I closed my eyes, and soon dtifted to sleep.