23: Grateful

Mika's POV

I am here laying on my bed all day. I didn't have anything to do except trashtalk myself for being the unluckiest girl in the world. I was set to detention and suspended for 1 week. But they said it was still going to worsen.

I got up my feet as I was feeling thirsty. I was on the way to my fridge when I heard a loud knock in my door, making me flinched so bad.

I frowned in confusion as who could be outside this late at night. It was already 10pm.

The loud knock was heard again and I started becoming scared. It was continuous and loud as hell.

Out of fright, I grabbed one of my kitchen knives and walked towards the door.

I arrived at my doormat and slowly grabbed the doorknob. The light from outside started to shine in my dorm's floor as the door was slowly opening. The door creaked when someone pushed it, making it full open.

I screamed in tiny and put the knife in front of me. I had my head down and I could see 4 pairs of legs standing.

"Mika?" I heard a familiar voice. I raised my chin and saw them.
Jake and Heeseung.

I glanced to the other figure and curled my eyebrows as she seemed unfamiliar to me.

All of a sudden, they started chuckling. "What?" I spoke up with my hoarse voice. Should have drank first.

"Maybe chill and put that down?" Sunoo jumped behind Heeseung. Didn't see him at first. I look up to my hand and realized I was still pointing the knife at them. I widened my eyes and quickly retreated it.

"What are you doing here anyways?" I changed the topic to avoid my embarrassment.

"I thought you were strong Mika. Why didn't you tell the truth?" Heeseung clicked his tongue.

"Huh?" I blinked my eyes at them.

"We know the truth." The girl spoke up. I glanced at her and raised an eyebrow.

I stared at her in confusion. She's pretty. Then, Heeseung broke the silence. "Oh right, this is Sullyoon. New student. New friend of ours as well."

She waved her hand at me and smiled brightly. "I'm Sullyoon. I helped proving your innocence." She told me.

"What do you mean?" I asked in a questioning tone.

"Long story, Mika. Mind us getting in? It's cold here. Can we?" Jake looked at me. I see his hands shivering in cold.

"Uh sure. Come in." I still was quite unsure of this.

We were now sitting at the living room. I was on the single couch and all three of them were in the long couch.

Jake coughed and started, "Mika. Why did you just let Minji rule your world? We knew she blackmailed you since then and now you're letting her abuse you? Mika, we know the truth."

Sullyoon added, "I know what happened in the alley in the cafe. Good thing I witnessed it."

"I had my Dad get the CCTV footage that evening and our speculations were right. You didn't bully the guy, he did." Sunoo said.

"We also confronted the guy and made him tell the truth. Mika, it's all going to be okay now. We will get you out of this." Heeseung said.

I had my eyes on the verge of crying. The room was filled in silence as they were all looking at me.

"Mika. You should have fought for yourself. You know that you are innocent, why did you just let this be?" Jake confronted me.

"I-I'm sorry." I stuttered and played my fingers. "Nobody dared to believe me. All they took care of was Minji. I didn't have power. I didn't have anybody to protect me. I just can't. I'm really sorry." Tears started to fall.

"We are here Mika. We are your friends." Sunoo said.

"But why? Why did you do this? I thought you're mad at me? I bothered you all. You didn't need to." I stared at the cold floor.

"Mika, we are not mad. We are just dissapointed. You're not alone. We are here. Who believes you. Who is willing to protect you. From the start, we never believed what they were saying. We know you will never do that. Everything's gonna be fine soon." Jake approached me and hugged me tightly.

I bursted hard tears in his arms as I felt relieved. I was alone and I'm glad I have friends who are beside me.

"Let's all go to school tomorrow and break this, okay?" Jake drew circles on my back.

As I calmed down, Jake brought me water and I quickly gulped it.

"Friends again?" Heeseung asked.

I nodded slowly and smiled. Four of us bring a group hug in all smiles and delight.

"I miss you girl" Sunoo ruffled my hair. "You too." I smiled at him.

I look beside and saw Sullyoon being hesitant. "Come on, let's be friend as well." I tilted my head at her, signaling her to join.

She wrapped her arms in the hug and my heart finally became warm again. I miss this.

"Thank you."

__________________________

Finally they are all back together again! My eyes were very watery as I was writing this chapter. It really is heartwarming.

We reached 500 reads! I'm so happy right now, I'm glad my story is getting noticed a lot. I am so grateful to the reads and votes you give! It indeed gives endless smile on my face. Ily!♡