12: Misunderstanding

Mika's POV

I just followed him and tidied up the room. I see him looking around the apartment. "This is where you live?"

"Yeah it's just small. I don't have enough money to buy a more convenient one."

He walked up to my kitchen and opened the fridge. I'm afraid there was only bottles of beer there. I heard him chuckle and look up to the cupboards. "Thank God I brought ingredients, your house is so empty."

I just giggled while tidying the couch.
"Where's your parents?" That made me stop and looked down. I didn't know what to answer. "T-they're g-gone." I said simply and walked to the trashbin.

I felt him walking up to me. "Where are they?" He asked, confused.

I always try to change the topic if this question ran up to me. I would often act like I heard them or just excuse myself to escape the situation. I did it successfully before for a lot of times but I'm not sure about this. I felt like he had the rights to know the truth. He's close to me. I've been waiting to share my dark childood but I didn't trust anyonr just yet. But I trusted him.

I walked to the table and sat on one of the chairs. He then sat on the opposite side, ready to listen.

"M-my dad." I was hesitant to continue.

He then furrowed his eyebrows at me. I was already tearing up. I felt drops dropping down my cheek as I quickly wiped them.

"Hey hey it's okay if you're uncomfortable with it. I won't force you." He smiled at me. "I'll go make you dinner."

He was about to stand up his chair when I held his hand tighter, preventing him to retreat from his position. He looked back at me and sat again.

"My dad, killed my mother. Out of anger." I heard him gasp, eyes wide open.

"When I was a kid, I was having a really great time as we were very rich because of my father. But then, some months passed and my mother and I noticed him changing. He seldom stayd in our house and he became very strict. I was like tied up to a chain. We didn't have freedom and we couldn't feel any happiness. We can't even smile at them. That's when mom told me that she wanted to leave him. One week later, I was home after school. I entered the bedroom and saw my mom in the floor with blood. She wasn't breathing anymore. Then dad left the bathroom and told me everthing. That she killed my mom and he already had a-another f-family. That he already had another home. That he didn't really loved us. I felt millions of stabs in my heart during that day. He then left me there with my mother. I didn't know what to do. Since then, I was the most gloomy person you could imagine. It changed me so much. But yeah, here I am surviving on my own. I also work part time in a coffee shop."

I was balling my eyes out while speaking. I sniffed my nose and licked my lips to stop crying. He walked up to me and hugged me tight from the back. He laid his chin on my shoulder, circling his big arms on my body.

"I'm sorry. But, thank you for sharing that to me. It thought me something. That I should be contented of what I have. That I am lucky that I have what I want. That I still have parents."

"I feel so lonely all my life." I cried again, on his arms.

"Shhh, everything will be okay, don't worry. You're not alone. I'm here." He said to me while patting my back. I smiled at him, making me stop my tears. I really admire him. How he hugs me, it's so tight. I feel so protected. How he comforts me. I don't feel lonely. How he holds my hand, it's like a perfect puzzle piece stuck to each other. How he smiles at me. It's so ethereal. I smiled at him.

"Just wait there, i'll make dinner." I nodded at him and he returned a smile.

Timeskip

"Wow it smells so good." I looked at his creation. It was a porridge with a salad on the side, and some sausages.

"Eat up." We sat on the table ready to devour the food. "Thank you!"

I smiled at him and ate my spoon with porridge containing it. "Wow! It's so delicious!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah I see how you enjoy that." He giggled and raised his hands. He went near me and traced his finger on the side of my lips. Seems like he was removing porridge on my face. I smiled at him. I ws waiting for him to grab the tissue on the side of the table, to wipe his fingers.

But then, he opened his mouth and sucked the finger he used on cleaning my lips. What the actual fuck Jake.

I widened my eyes, flustered on the sight. He looked normal and unbothered. I calmed down after what he did. Then he was about to grab his drink but his hand slipped out of the cup, making the beverage spill on his shirt.

He quickly stood up and made the cup stand up. I gasped and quickly grab some tissues. I ran up to him and tried wiping his shirt. "It's cold." He said to me.

"Uhm maybe you can borrow my shirt. Wait, i'll find a shirt." I then proceeded to run to my room. I opened my closet, roaming my eyes to find the biggest shirt I could see. Then, I found a large sized pink shirt on the last row of clothes. I knew it was the only option. I quickly grabbed the hanger and retreated the shirt from it. I ran up to the door and surprised of what I saw.

I saw Jake.

Shirtless.

6-pack.

Big biceps.

Fine chest.

Broad shoulders.

Veiny skin.

I listed all the things I saw. I didn't know why but I screamed, looking away from his direction.

Just then, a knock was heard on the door. "I'll get it." I heard him say.

Heeseung's POV

I finished my homework on the library and saw it was already nighttime. I packed my things and left the school. I still had a lot of free time. Just then, I remembered Mika. Is she okay now? I wore my helmet and rode my motorbike, on my to Mika's apartment. Might as well visit her.

I arrived at the hallway of the apartment. I looked for her door and quickly found it. Just as I was about to knock, I heard a high-pitch scream from the inside. It was Mika's voice.
I then knocked to the door, worried of what had happened to her.

The door creaked open, revealing Jake with no clothes. I widened my eyes and dropped my things. I then ran up to him and punched his face, making him stumble on the floor.

"What are you trying to do with Mika!?"