47: Locket

Mika's POV

It's been 2 weeks. Jake has been tying to impress me every chance he gets. He would give me flowers, buy me treats and gives me rides on and off the school.

I can see he's really determined. Jake really wants me, and at the same time, I want him even more.

I'm ready to answer him. But I need the right time. The perfect time.

It's a school day. We are here in the theater for another announcement to make. Jake is sitting next to me, just spacing out. His side profile is insane.

I traced his beautiful nose and plump pips with my eyes. "Mika?"

"Mika? Are you okay?" Jake waved his hand in front of me which made me return to my senses.

"Oh, n-nothing. Just spacing out." I looked down in embarrassment.

"You keep staring at me. You're too whipped Mika, can't you just answer me now?" He fluttered his eyebrows.

"And why would I do that hm?" I sassily said while giving a teasing face.

"So you can keep staring at my handsome face 24/7, forever." Jake smirked and chuckled.

"Who lied to you huh?" I defended.

"The whole campus, I guess?" Jake winked.

I just frowned and rolled my eyes. But, I agree with him, he's handsome. That's why I fell for hi- stop.

The announcers weren't here yet so I started getting bored. I snaked my hands through my bag and I touched something at the very back. I pulled it and I was surprised of what I grabbed, making me smile in sadness and joy.

I'm playing with my golden locket which my mother gave me before she died.

It was a picture of us hugging inside the locket. I don't really wear it so It won't be worn out fast. But I always carry it in my bag so I won't lose it.

"What's that?" Jake spoke up, pointing the necklace in my fingers.

"It's a locket, here." I gave it to Jake which he claimed.

He opened it and took a closer look at the circular picture.

"Is she your mother?" He asked.

"Yes, she looks like me right?" I chuckled.

"Indeed. Like mother like daughter. Pretty." Jake teased me.

I just giggled in response. My mother really resembles me. I feel like I am her reincarnated version.

"I wish she's still alive." He suddenly said.

"Why do you say so?" I asked him back.

"So I can go ask her to be your boyfriend. That way, I'll have a mother in law. Too bad." He laughed in amusement.

"You're such a crackhead, Jake." I chuckled.

"Oh the announcement is starting." He pointed at the stage that had a teacher climbing up the stairs.

"Hold that for now. Don't lose it okay?" I warned him and he inserted it inside his pocket.

"Okay, ma'am." He replied which amde me smile.

"Good morning students of Sim Universities! We have an important announcement for you today."

"Recently, our country has faced a terrible typhoon and one of the affected cities is Gyeonggi-do."

"They are in desparate need of help so our school volunteered to be a helping hand to them. Next week, we will go to Gyeonggi-do and stay there for 3 days by camping. We will be doing some series of activities that will be beneficial for us and especially for the victims of the typhoon."

Camping? That's fun.

Timeskip

Jake's POV

We are in the classroom, listening to the instructions for the trip next week.

"Gosh, I forgot." The teacher frowned.

"Mr. Sim? Can I have a favor?" He approached me.

I nodded in response.

"Can you please go to the office and grab the copies of these papers in my desk?" He showed the paper.

"Alright sir." I smiled and he thanked me afterwards.

I stood up and left my desk. I left the room and ran through the hallways.

I arrived at the office and I approached the teacher's desk and I saw a stacked paper lying on the side.

I checked the papers if it is correct and I quickly grabbed it to my arms.

I left the office and sped up my pace. I ran down the stairs but at the last stair case, my foot only stepped on the corner, which made me lose my balance.

I fell down and the papers were scattered in the dusty floor. I checked my self but good thing, I didn't have any injuries.

I grabbed the papers and dusted them off using my hands.

I stood up, dusted myself and quickly run again as I was already taking too long.

I quickly stopped by the bathroom to wash my hands as it was already gray on all of the fine dust.

"No toilet paper?" I couldn't dry my hands until I remembered something.

My handkerchief. I aggresively fished my hands in my pocket and grabbed the fabric.

I dabbed my hands on it and dried it. I took a quick look at the mirror and grabbed the papers, retreating from the bathroom.

I arrived at the classroom door and stopped for a moment to catch my breath. That was a good work out.

"Here's the papers." I managed to speak while panting.

"Thank you, Jake. Drink your water, you look like you're about to pass out." The teacher chuckled as well as the class.

I approached my seat and I can already see Mika holding my water bottle. Sweet.

"Thank you." I chugged the water while sitting down.

"You're sweating, Jake. Where's your handkerchief?" She asked.

I took out my handkerchief out of my pocket and wiped my face.

"Give me that." She grabbed the fabric onto her hands and approached my face.

She wiped my sweats on my face. What the fuckjsbsgsnsgabw? I'm suffocating.

She's so pretty in front of me. Maybe I should sweat more.

"Oh right, where's my locket?" She asked.

"It's in my pocket, wait." I adjusted my position and proceeded holding my pocket.

I smiled, fishing my hands through my pants when.....

I don't feel anything.

The smile faded into a frown.

I touched both my pockets and they were.. flat.

My breathes became heavier and I started to panic.

"Mika?"

"Hmm?"

"It's not here."