28: Motherly love

I opened my eyes. It was complete darkness. I blinked my eyes in confusion. Where am I?

Just then, a source of light was seen in front of me. It looked like an entrance. But to where?

I started approaching it. I walked and walked and my sight became brighter.

"Mika." I heard someone called me from behind. That voice sounds familliar.

I turned my shoulders to see a woman in a white dress approaching me. She was glowing. I fluttered my eyes to see her face better.

I widened my eyes. It's my mother.

"Mom?" I gasped.

"I miss my daughter." She walked towards me.

"Mom!" I ran to her and hugged her tightly. I burst in tears.

"What brings you here baby?" She asked me.

"I don't understand Mom. How can I see you? Where are we?"

"Try to remember, Mika." She patted my back.

I started to remember. I gasped loudly. I got hit by a truck. Wait...

"Am I dead?" I asked her.

"It depends on you if you want to." She pointed at the light. "I blocked you going in there since I want you to think of your choice, Mika."

I clicked my tongue. "Well, come to think of it, the world is ugly anyways. There's no point for me to come back."

"I'll just come with you Mom."

"Are you sure about that, Mika? How about my dream? My dream for you? Your friends? Your dream? And your desires? You're just going to throw those all away?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're still young. You still have mucb time to pursue the life that I didn't get. You don't have to give up easily. If you're tired, just rest. Don't quit." She responded.

"But I'm not happy anymore." I replied.

"Remember what I always tell you in the past?" She asked me.

"What?"

"All people will have happily ending. If you're not happy, then it's not yet the ending."

I breathed heavily as I absorb her words. She's right. I shouldn't give up.

"Mom. I've made my decision."

___________________________________

Jake's POV

I'm seating on the floor, laying on the door of the emergency room. All drained, red, and worthless.

"Jake?" Heeseung kneeled in front of me.

"It's lunch time, wanna eat first?" He asked me.

I shook my head in disagreement.

"Are you sure? Mika won't be happy seeing you starving." He raised his eyebrows at me.

Yeah, she will. I looked at him with my puppy eyes. I sighed in defeat as he already managed to help me stand up.

I glanced to the window for one last time. Then we started walking away.

Right as we turn to the hallway, we heard a loud scream coming from where we came from.

"SHE'S ALIVE!"

We both looked at each other, confused. Our bells rang as we realized it in sync. We widen our eyes in shock. We started running back.