63: Layla

Mika's POV

"Uhm.. haha." I giggled nervously.

"Mika, you don't need to answer, I-" Jake looked embarrassed by what his mom did.

"Sorry my mom is a little.." Jake said.

"-what do you mean, son, I just want to know when I can be a grandmother." Mrs. Sim laughed.

"It's fine Jake," I smiled. "We aren't talking about that as of now. Right now, I just want to enjoy first." I said.

"I understand that, you guys should enjoy your couple life first. It would turn everything down once you decide to have a mouth to feed." Mrs. Sim said.

I just nodded, agreeing to her statement. "Oh, Mika, you want to visit our house?" Jake's mother offered.

"Uhh, I would love to but it's a little late now mom. It would be too dangerous for me to go home after that." I said.

"Then sleep there." Jake spoke up.

I looked at him. "No, Jake, that's fine. I can't do that." I rejected.

"Our spare room is currently occupied son." Mrs. Sim said.

Phew.

"See, Jake, I can't-" I was interrupted by Jake.

"Then she'll sleep with me. In my bed." Jake fought.

"No, no, I'm oka-"

The conversation ended when Jake pulled me out of the restaurant and into their car.

Timeskip

"Woah! You have a big house!" I exclaimed as the door opened, welcoming my eyes with a big living room.

"Come in, Mika!" Jake said.

"I have something to get in my room, tour her first, son." Mrs. Sim said and walked up the stairs.

"Okay, let's start here." Jake pointed at the wall. It was full of medals, pictures, and awards of him.

Smart boy.

"I have more than that, dude." I teased him.

"So." He replied sassily.

I pointed at a picture in the middle. It was the graduation picture of him when he was still a kid.

"Is that you?" I laughed. I looked at him and he was glaring at me.

"Jokes on you, I had lots of girls following me. I rejected them all." He said.

"As if, with that face?" I teased him more.

"Yeah, bet you'd fall for me as well if we met then." He raised his eyebrows.

I just clicked my tongue, disagreeing.

Right under the wall was a table with flower pots and picture frames. "Is this your brother?" I grabbed one. "Yes." Jake  smiled.

"He must love you a lot." The picture was his brother carrying him on his back.

"Yes. He was like my best friend, we would always play together, eat together, sleep together, cry together, and so on. He's also very handsome." He chuckled at the end.

"You guys have great genes." I said.

Now I approached this big picture frame hanging in the middle of the room. It was a massive family picture of them.

Jake, handsome as always.

His brother, very pure smile.

Mrs. Sim, beautiful.

Mr. Sim,

It was the first time I saw his father. He looked like him. He has gray hair and mustache and thick glasses.

"My father looks like me doesn't he?" I didn't realize Jake was already beside me as I was staring at the frame for too long already.

"Yes, you both have the same smile." I said.

We never had a family picture. It must be nice to have a photograph of your family, even in a small paper, at least. I thought.

Somehow, Jake understood what I was thinking at the moment as he hugged me.

"Don't worry, once you become my wife, we'll take a family picture and we'll hang it in our house." Jake said, smiling.

I melted at his response. "Stop crying. Let's go to my room, I have a surprise for you." He wiped a tear which I wasn't aware of and he pulled me to the stairs.

"Are you ready for my surprise?" I nodded. He slowly twisted the doorknob.

"Layla?" Jake called.

As the door opened, a cute fuzzy creature welcomed Jake, running to his lap, making him stumble.

"Layla! Calm down!" Jake laughed.

"Good girl!" Jake said as the dog kissed him on the cheek.

"Now, Layla, I'd like you to meet Mika." Jake said and he looked at me, signaling me to come closer.

I kneeled down, and slowly patted her head. "Hi, Layla!" I said, smiling at the golden retriever.

Suddenly, Layla jumped onto my lap and started kissing me.

Jake, who was beside me, was just smiling like a proud father.

"She already loves you, Mika." Jake said.

"Right, I could see that." I said as my face was already full of drool of the dog.

"That's your mommy, Layla." Jake said.

I looked at him. He was sticking his tongue out.

"Enough for now, come on love. Let's wash up first." He helped me stand up and we headed to the bathroom.

We brushed our teeth together while laughing at each other.

"Ya!" We were scrubbing our faces when Jake placed a ball of foam in my nose.

I got him back by splashing water from the running faucet.

"Stay still." I was putting a moisturizing face mask on his face and he did the same for me.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" He said, I just agreed.

Soon we were at the couch in front of his television. We were watching a horror movie.

"Ahhh!" Jake screamed so loud when the ghost popped out, making Layla jump onto his lap.

"You're so weak, love." I said, chuckling.

Then, the door opened. "What was that?!" It was Jake's mother.

I just laughed. "Uh, mom. It's just a bug, sorry." Jake said, embarrassed.

Her mother just sighed, "well then, I'll sleep now. No funny businesses okay?"

Her mother joked. Jake was about to complain again but her mother already closed the door.

Jake's POV

"That was fun. I can't believe the ending was like tha-" I looked beside me and I see Mika already lodged into her blanket and pillow, in deep sleep.

I sighed, smiling. I closed the tv and scooched next to her.

"Goodnight." I kissed her forehead and soon followed her to slumber.