49: The Bus

Mika's POV

"Okay, clothes, check. Water, check, sleeping bag, check. Essentials, check. Phone, check. I'm ready!" I closed my backpack.

"Me too, let's go Mika." Sullyoon said.

It's the day of the trip and me and Sullyoon were packing our things together. The sun isn't still up but we are told to come to school early so we can reach at our destination at lunch time.

I closed the door of my dorm and headed out the apartment. "It's so cold." The morning haze made me put on a coat.

I rode Sullyoon's car to go to school. As we arrived at the school, there were buses all lined up beside the building and a lot of students were already there.

Sullyoon's driver parked the car and we both got out of the vehicle. Just as I stepped my heel down the concrete, my eyes travelled to Jake.

I'm still ignoring him since that day. It's not that I'm really upset to him, I just want to fool around and keep him being pouty. He's a cutie when he's guilty.

I just rolled my eyes at him and I we continued walking, passing him.

"Good morning, love." I heard beside me.

"Good morning too, love!" Sullyoon replied to Heeseung.

They hugged quick and Heeseung pecked a kiss from Sullyoon's cheeks.

The disrespect. Hello? I'm also here.

"Enough love birds, now, where are the others?" I managed to stop them from clinging to each other. Sorry not sorry.

"The boys are there." Heeseung pointed at the place where Jake was earlier.

"BUS NUMBER 2! PLEASE COME HERE!" A man shouted loudly, earning head turns from everone.

"That's our class bus, let's go." Sullyoon said.

"Go first, I'll grab the boys real quick." Heeseung ran to the boys.

Sullyoon and I proceeded to walk to our bus.

"Seat number 7, Heeseung." The teacher was coordinating the seating arrangements.

"Let's be seatmates Sullyoon!" I exclaimed.

"Seat number 8, Sullyoon." Oh great.

"Too bad, Heeseung's my seatmate. Sorry!" Sullyoon entered the bus.

"Seat number 9, Mika." I sighed heavily and entered the bus.

My seat was on the right side of the bus. Yay! I'm beside the window! I sat on my seat and arranged my things. I opened my phone and played some games while the bus fills up.

Jake's POV

"Seat number 60, Seola." I was the only one left outside the bus as everyone was already called.

60's the capacity of the bus. Where am I supposed to sit? Above the bus?

"Sir, you must have skipped my seat." I approached the teacher who has the list of our seats.

"Oh. I'm so sorry, Jake. Let me see where you're seated." He scanned the papers until he hummed.

"Jake, your seat is number 10."

Wait, isn't Mika in number 9? My eyes widen as I get excited.

I jumped to the staircase of the bus and searched for my seat. I happen to find Mika with an empty seat beside her. I checked above the seat and read the number.

Seat #10, nice.

Mika's POV

I wonder why there's no person sitting next to me. Do I smell or something?

I saw Jake enter the bus, and lingered his eyes to the empty seat next to me. No, tell me not.

"Number 10, here." Jake murmured quietly but enough for me to hear.

We had an eye contact and he immediately smiled from ear to ear. "Oh, Mika. You're my seatmate, I see." He said while sitting down.

I just looked away, ignoring him.

On our left side were Heeseung and Sullyoon so we were still in the same row.

Behind us, were Sunghoon and Sunoo. They were bickering as loud as hell.
"Out of all the students here, why did they chose to put a freaking dick beside me." Sunoo confronted. "It's not like I want to be seated next to you anyways." Sunghoon defended.

"Mr. Kim and Mr. Park. You're too loud." The teacher confronted the two. Deserve.

"Sunghoon, come here. You'll sit next to me." I heard Sunghoon whine and Sunoo laughing out loud.

We all bursted into laughter as Sunghoon passed our row, rolling his eyes in defeat, walking towards the front where the teacher was waiting for him to fill the seat beside him.

Soon, the bus started moving as all of us are now settled. Some were talking quietly, some were on their phones, and most are sleeping.

I was listening to music while looking at the window when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I swiveled my shoulder and took off my earphones.

"When will you talk to me?" Jake, who was beside me, tapped my shoulder and looked at me while pouting.
HWJSYWJYAKQBAUS HELP

"I don't know." I simply replied and looked at the window again.

Then, I heard him sighing and moving some stuff. I looked at him and he stood up.

"I guess you're still uncomfortable with me. I'll just seat beside Sunoo here." He just smiled lowly and sat behind me.

Oh, I didn't mean to make him sad.

I felt sorry and I wanted to make him come back to beside me but- Ugh I don't know.

I just withdrew it out of my mind and just wore my headphones again, staring at the trees passing by.

I felt my eyelids becoming heavier as I try to fight it. I moved to a better position and soon went to my slumber.

Jake's POV

Sunoo was already sleeping, leaning his head on the window. I stood up and checked Mika.

She's sleeping too.

I saw her head bending down to her left. She keeps bobbing her head up, trying not to fall down.

I hesitantly stood up and sat next to her, again.

I held her head and placed it gently on my shoulder, trying not to wake her up.

I started dozing off as well and I soon fell asleep too.

Mika's POV

"We are here everybody!" I heard a muffled announcement making me flutter my eyes.

I looked around and the bus already stopped, as I stretched my neck, my head hit something beside me.

"Jake?"

"Ouch." He rubbed the side of his head and he scratched his eyes, waking up as well.

He touched his shoulders, caressing it. Did I sleep on his shoulder again?

"I'm sorry Jake. I didn't mean to hurt you. I thought you were behind me, why did you-"

"If I didn't sit here earlier then you would have been sleeping on the floor already." He explained.

"Thank you."