25: Post

Mika's POV

I'm currently laying my head down on the counter of the Cafe as there wasn't any customers at the moment. The bell rang which made me look up and I saw the figure I didn't want to see. It was Minji.

I tried to cover my face more by lowering my cap but I already heard a chuckle as she approached the counter.

"Oh, how cheap. You work?? For real?" She threw her words right at my face. I bit my lips as I coiled a fist on both of my hands.

I swear I had thinkings of breaking her neck off right that moment. But I had to hold it.

"W-what can I get you for today?" I stuttered, avoiding the topic.

"Can I have one pumpkin spice latte with one expresso shot, Upside down, three pumps classic with cinnamon bites." It was complicated as hell.

Shortly after, I served it to her in the counter. She grabbed the cup and sipped on it.

The next thing I felt was a hot liquid in my face. She freaking spit the drink on my face.

I gasped, eyes and mouth wide open. I quickly wiped off the drops on my face with my hands. Before I could speak up, she already dropped her whole cup on the floor in purpose, making me shut my mouth.

"That coffee tastes just like you, ugly and disgusting." She grabbed her bag and walked out the building.

Great. I had no energy left. I had my head down, on the way to clean the floor. I grabbed the edge of the counter as a support for me to kneel but then, the glass mug on the counter fell beside me, shattering in millions of pieces.

I tried grabbing the big shards of glass. I mishandled it and it digged deep on my palm. I groaned in pain as blood started flowing from the cut.

I can't hold it anymore. I sat down on the floor, leaning on the counter, bursting into tears. Is there even a life worse than mine?

Minji's POV

I left the Cafe and about to approach my car when I suddenly thought of something. Aha.

I sneak back to the windows of the Cafe and grabbed my phone.

Click! Click!
I smirked and proceeded to leave.

Timeskip

Sunoo's POV

"Wanna grab a bite?" I asked Mika on the call.

"I'm okay S-sunoo" She sniffed on her end.

"Please? It's on me." I insisted.

"Fine. Let's meet in the convenience store near my dorm." Her voice was hoarse, which made me speed up my steps as I was preparing to leave.

Mika's POV

I see Sunoo running towards my table outside the store. He was panting as he sits down on the other side of the table.

As he calmed down, he spoke up. "My dad said your salary will have a minus for the week." He said to me in a questioning tone.

"Yeah." I laid my bandaged hands on the table.

"Mind telling me what happened?" He pointed to my hand, "And that?"

I sighed as I rewinded the day in my mind. My eyes started to water as the air became cold. I hesitated for a moment.

I trust him. And he trusts me. So I shouldn't lie.

"So-" I started to speak. "Earlier Minji went to the cafe and... badmouthed me. She ordered and, said that the coffee was bad." A tear started falling out.