11: Knock Knock

Mika's POV

We are now preparing ourselves to leave the hospital. I was so excited to go home and just rest for the entire day. Jake and Heeseung are right beside me, walking to the exit of the building.

"Do you want me to drive you home?" Jake spoke up.

I was about to answer when Heeseung interrupted me. "No, she'll come home with me." He said to Jake.

"Uhm guys, don't you still have classes?" I looked at them both.

"That's okay Mika, you're more important than that." Heeseung said, which made me feel butterflies.

I just kept quiet and they started talking to each other again, battling who will take me home.

They kept bickering in front of me that my head started to hurt. "Guys stop! My head hurts." I said to them, making them zip their mouths.

"If you guys keep fighting, then i'm walking home, Alone." I emphasized the last words. I started speed walking away from them both. They hurriedly ran to me.

"Wait! I'm sorry Mika, but please, I insist, I can take you for a ride-"

"No, you'll come with me." Jake interrupted Heeseung which made them start to fight again.

I sighed again and walked to the bus station. Luckily, they didn't notice me as they were busy with each other. I glanced at them again and I saw them both widen their eyes as they saw me entering the bus. I ignored them and continued walking. There were just a few passengers so it was spacious. I found a seat and placed my buttocks in it. The bus started moving and through the window, I saw them at the sidewalk staring at each other badly. I chuckled and just scrolled through my phone.

Jake's POV

We were bickering to each other when we glanced at the bus arriving. There we saw Mika climbing up the stairs, entering the bus.

Heeseung and I gasped as the door of the bus started to close. We tried to run for the bus but it's too late. We stopped and looked at each other.

"Look at what you did." Heeseung accused me. "I would have been more close to her if you allowed me to come  with her." He added.

Right, why did I want her to come with me? I asked myself inside.

"See you in school." Heeseung scoffed  and started to walking away.

I was left there, standing alone.
What a fool you are, Jake.

Mika's POV

I now arrived at the apartment. Finally. I threw my bag on the floor and jumped in my bed. I was staring at the ceiling for a long time, thinking about what Minji said to me earlier.

"Listen Mika, don't you ever get close to them again especially Jake! If you try getting to them again, i'll spread your sluttiness in this school! That way your reputation will be ruined and you'll have no chances for the scholarship! Every word I speak can spread in no time."

Her words rang in my head as I ruffled my hair out of frustration. I have to choose between friendship or my own will. I need that scholarship. It will be a big loss for me if I didn't get it.

Calm down, Mika. It's fine. It's not like they are close to you or something. This is for your own sake. I try to convince myself until I drifted off to sleep.

Heeseung's POV

I just arrived at the school and didn't find any traces of Jake. I wonder what happened to him. I questioned myself as I can't find him in the class we are supposed to be in. I arrived at the classroom and the teacher saw me.

"Oh, Mr. Lee? Why are you late?" He said, making the classroom shut in silence.

"U-uhm I accompanied Mika in the hospital." I replied.

"Mr. Kim Sunoo already told me about what happened. And anyhow, is Jake with you?"

That motherfucker, where the hell is he. "H-he was with me accompanying Mika, but he had a..... stomachache! Yes stomachache, he headed home." I was able to cover him up.

He'll surely pay me after this.

I decided to chat him and make him aware of this and prevent the teacher to make suspicions if he decided to go back the school.

>Mr. Jek<

Where the hell are you, bro?!

Just.
Somewhere.

Good thing, I covered you up or else you're in big trouble!

I told our teacher that you had a stomachache and you headed home.

You should be thankful you have a good and kind friend.

Ok. Thanks.
Seen.

Timeskip

Mika's POV

A bird flew to my window, smacking the glass which made a loud thud. I opened my eyes, wide awake as the sound surprised me half to death. I look to the window and saw it was already dark. I scratched my eyes and got out of my blankets to grab my phone. I saw it was already 7 in the evening. I ruffled my hair and sighed as I already slept for 5 hours. Then, I heard a grumble from my stomach which made me carress it. I'm hungry. I thought as it is already dinner time.
I looked to the cupboards in the ktchen. There were only instant foods. I'm tired of eating them. I'm also lazy to go out and buy. I sighed again and just spaced out. Might as well continue my rest. I was about to snuggle again in my bed.

Just then, a knock was heard on my door. I furrowed my eyebrows as to who is visiting me at this time. I got out of bed, walking lazily on the door. I opened it and it revealed Jake.

I blinked my eyes out of confusion. "J-jake?"

"Uhh Hi Mika! Are you okay now?" He asked me.

"What are you doing here Jake? Your parents must be worried about you. It's already evening."

"My parent's don't care." He retorted.

"Let me ask again, what exactly are you doing here?" I pinpointed the question.

"Uhm I-I was just planning to, maybe.. make you food?" I showed a confused face to him. "Well, you're sick and you prolly have no energy. And..

"I also promised you that I'll take care of you."

His answer made me stiff as hell. I felt butterflies as I recalled his words when he was comforting me. Yes, he did promised that. I started trusting him since then. I feel somehow cozy when he's around me. And I don't know why. I smiled at the thought.

"Have you had dinner yet?" He asked me, making me stop my thoughts. "Oh y-yeah i'm done with my dinner." I lied to him. Just then, my stomach grumbled, making Jake look at my eyes directly.

"Your tummy says otherwise." He smirked and chuckled at me. I looked away out of embarrassment.

He then pushed my arm, making his way on my apartment. Hello? Sir? Did I allow you to enter my nest? I scoffed at his back.

________

Please keep voting on my chapters! I recently loss confidence on continuing the story since my writing is crap. But yeah, thank you for all the reads and votes! Ily♡