Chapter 51 - I am here now

"True love has a habit of coming back."

Since I started living in this city, It feels like my sorrow and longingness had lessen and I thank Martin for helping me finding this beautiful place

Moving here helps me a lot compared at Rome where I couldn't stop myself but to think of my Luna, my baby.

I miss her so much, and my heart is bleeding everytime I remember the night that I woke up and she's not with me anymore.

She's my life.

My happiness.

But being with her will cause her safety and I can't take that risk. That I would choose to suffer myself than to see her getting hurt. If I need to sacrifice myself for her sake, so be it.

But sometimes, as a mother, it's so hard to stay strong. It's so hard to pretend that everything is fine, where obviously it is not. That your only escape is to cry—- just like what I'm doing right now. Fat tears are running down at my cheeks as I stared at the oven that provides heat to my muffins.

Since it's my off today, I decided to bake and clean my humble-abode to make myself busy. I'm working as secreatary to a medium size company and I'm happy as it keeps my mind occupied.

As I wiped my tears away, the timer gave alarm and I smile because my muffins are ready. I open the oven carefully and inhaled the delicious aroma that caused my stomach to growl.

"We have to wait for five minutes before we devour the muffins, okay tummy?" I told myself but before I could put the hot tray at the table, I heard some knocks on the door and I'm confused because I'm not expecting anyone.

"Dianne it's me." I heard someone said and there is only one person who called me that.

Martin

"But why he's here? He told me he will come to visit on new year's eve so that we both going to welcome the new year." I told myself again, before opening the door. And there he is, grinning at me and I couldn't stop myself to shout his name.

"Matty!"

"I missed you!" He said as he hugged me so tight, like I'm the teenage kid that he met a long long time ago.

"I missed you too. I thought you will come here in new year? What happened? Is there something wrong?" I asked.

"Relax, there's nothing wrong. I'm just here because I have a surprise for you. But you have to close your eyes first." And I try not to smile because I'm not young anymore for this stuff.

"What is it Martin? My birthday had passed already and I told you that you don't have to give me a christmas gift." I told him as he rolled his eyes and I hope that it won't stuck there.